Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help ID a coin with no writing on it only images

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2009  10:35 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Clark Kent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Please help me identify this coin. I have identified about 3,000 coins in the last two months but I need some help with this one. I've put three days in on trying to identify it already. Any help would be appreciated. I've included pictures of both sides, I hope they are clear enough.

Learn More...
United States
14420 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2009  11:00 pm  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, to the community,

This is some type of token or good luck piece. The initials could be a company or a persons.
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2009  11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Thomcollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is inside the wreath? I cannot ID the characters. Can you tell what kind of bird it is? It reminds me of a French colonial piece from Indonesia.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2009  11:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Clark Kent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had considered the possibility it might be some kind of token but as Thomcollects had mentioned it reminds me of some old European coins. The bird appears to be either a snipe or a kiwi or some such similiar bird. As I have been looking I've decided the resemblence is more near a snipe, but don't let me lead you in some direction on that. I googled the native country of a snipe and found some similar coins and guess what it was Europe. It's rather worn so there may have been some dates or letters on it at one time. Most of the coins I've been looking at are in really good shape because they have been bottled up since the later 50's early 60's and untouched. The whatever inside the wreath looks like letters of some sort as echizento pointed out, but the center most portion of this is quite worn. I believe it's all one continuous line (looks kind of like a ribbon or old English or something like that). Oh, by the way Thomcollects it was in a bottle of about 200 European,South American, and Middle Eastern coins. I'll be back at it tomorrow.
Learn More...
Australia
11369 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  03:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not familiar with it. My guess would be a token, and my guess for the monogram would be "SL".
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close, but different monograms..
http://www.numismaster.com/ta/insid...ideInfoDenom
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Clark Kent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will put it in my data base with my other tokens for now. What did you think the monogram was DCH ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fixed the link....
http://alturl.com/qaw6

I agree with SAP, SL or LS monogram.
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DCH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay with same monogram but slightly different reverse...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-BLACKBOOK-...NS_W0QQitemZ380149983970
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2009  4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Clark Kent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Wow Wow I would like to understand how you found that DCH. ITS A MATCH! Sorry I didn't intend to get so excited. Both sides are an exact match to the one I have in my hand. Thank You Thank You Thank You ! All of you guys! Awesome DCH! Absolutely Awesom
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05