Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Roll Hunting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Dime Roll Searching

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 267
Pillar Of The Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  02:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it was with a roll of a bunch of non magnetic 1968 canadian dimes.

those are silver too, I believe.

Quote:
I haven't read through the history of this topic, but had a quick question. What is typically considered collectible and being collected(other than silver) for this denomination?

proofs and also look for the 1982 no MM
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2011  1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went through some customer wrapped dimes and quarters (about $200 in quarters minus some panamanian -- or something -- dimes; and about $300 in dimes). Nothing in the quarters, but did find 4 1964 dimes. One of them looks immaculate -- it's really strange -- three look like they were sealed in melted jolly ranchers for a few years before finding their way into these rolls, but the 4th looked like this was the first time anyone touched it.

Is it worth posting a picture to see if you guys know what's up with it?
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2011  8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
its always worth it to post pictures, you might have found a proof
I found a 1962 Proof
its purrrrdy
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2011  10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man, I thought all proofs had the S MM?
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found this on a website I checked
"Proof set coins from 1968 to the present contain "S" mint marked coins. These were produced at the San Francisco United States government Mint. Proof coin sets minted in 1964 and earlier have no mint mark and were produced at the Philadelphia United States government Mint."
side bar from 1965-1967 they made SMS (special mint sets) rather then proofs (no s mint either)

completed my box or the week and scored 1 lonely silver
1953D
not a hole filler but a piece none the less
also got 2 2009 P
1 1969
2 MAD coins sometimes I keep a few of these that look extra "MA"ed
not as good as my previous 2 boxes but not a skunk either
Pillar Of The Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2011  11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SMS were made in san francisco, but have no mint mark.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3317 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2011  8:34 pm  Show Profile Check rachums107's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awhile back, I searched one box, found nothing, but earlier in ten rolls from the bank I found a 1951. That's my only silver dime ever found rollsearching!
Drugs are stupid.

Silver War nickels found: 97
Oldest CRH find-1897 V-Nickel
Ignorance is bliss...but knowledge is power.
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2011  9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sich0015 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last box had 33 Candians, a British 5 Pence, and a 1957d Roosie.
Oldest CRH finds
Cent: 1882
Nickel: 1890
Dime: 1917d
Quarter: 1956
Half: 1902
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2011  12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danmc00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems I have the best luck with dimes. I usually find at least 2 pre 64's per box. I also some across a lot of Canadian and other world coins. I love finding Mercury dimes in boxes! Only found one so far. I have been through 5 boxes of dimes. No luck with quarters or halves at all.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you guys have problems dumping Dimes? I've dumped dimes at PNC Bank, US Bank, and the counter at a Credit Union, and I have ended up with 11 dimes, 14 dimes, and 9 dimes, respectively, being counted as pennies. I mean, that per 250-dollar box, so that's not an awful percentage, but since the boxes of dimes usually have nothing of interest in them, it's kind of annoying to lose ~$1.00 every time I dump them.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danmc00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the same problem dumping them. I would go to dump a box with only taking 1 or 2 coins out of it and I would get back $246.52. Always bothers me, but I don't know what else to do. I've always thought of it as my banks was of getting back at me for dumping my coins there.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rawmeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I've had the same problem dumping them. I would go to dump a box with only taking 1 or 2 coins out of it and I would get back $246.52. Always bothers me, but I don't know what else to do. I've always thought of it as my banks was of getting back at me for dumping my coins there.

I think I'm done with dimes anyway. Too hard to see the dates and letters on them and nothing interesting in them anyway. I guess it's just the cost of doing business with dimes. I wonder if presidential dollars get counted as quarters sometimes. A 75-cent hit each time is a lot different than a 9-cent hit.
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sich0015 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dump bank has three different counting machine models. One is slow, it jams easily, and it sometimes miscounts dimes, cents, and a half dollar or two but it is good with nickels and it is close to home. Dimes don't get counted as cents, I just get shorted (by as much as $15 once). Both other models are fast and accurate with all denominations. Unfortunately there are none of these within biking or walking distance (considering I would have to carry a bag full of coins) from where I live. My advice is to find a coin counter that is accurate and use that one. It is not fair to get shorted. When you find a good one hopefully you don't spend more on gas to get there than you would get shorted from other counters...

3 boxes last night: skunk; 1959, 1964d; skunk
Oldest CRH finds
Cent: 1882
Nickel: 1890
Dime: 1917d
Quarter: 1956
Half: 1902
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2011  12:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
along with my weekly box of halves, I decided to take $100 in dimes...

Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2011  12:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
box of dimes not completely searched
they were clear wrappers and I don't have anything to rewrap them with so I only edge searched
I was very happy to quickly find
1959 D
and my oldest Mercury dime find
1925 in XF gorgeous shape
I will tear the wrappers apart when I get more paper rollers from my bank
Page: of 267  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05