Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

1966 Canadian dollar - small dots?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
limaco
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  12:37 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add limaco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

On the left is what we think is a "small dot" dollar and obviously on the right is the large. Opinions please? What is the value of something like this?

Edited by limaco
05/23/2010 12:40 am
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  12:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add limaco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a closer view.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
859 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  03:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks Good.......I took your picture and lined it up in red and it appears to be a small bead..I would send it in and have it certified & graded..

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah get it certified and slabbed. 3000 + value if verified.

Where's you get it?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1248 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hhbkiddo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
turn it around and make sure it is a 1966, as the 1965 SB looks exactly the same!
will pay 3 grand ungraded if it is a 66.
Edited by hhbkiddo
05/23/2010 11:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
607 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, what HHB said. I was ecstatic to find a small beads one day, only to eventually flip it over and realize that a 1965 had gotten mixed in with the group of 1966's. If it is indeed a '66, nice find!
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add limaco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's definitely a '66. We have an extensive collection of 65's and 66's and this is the only SB.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
636 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2010  6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dollar1948 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, neat find.
..and we all know what purpose those beads serve, as per the RCM spokeswoman...right?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
580 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2010  11:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, hopefully it comes back as the small bead your laughing.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2010  01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add limaco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where do you all recommend we send it for grading etc? I've read so many varying opinions on this board, and I'm a little nervous sending it off in the first place.
Edited by limaco
05/27/2010 01:34 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2010  09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your goal is just confirmation and keeping it, I'd get it graded at CCCS because of the convenience factor. If you're looking to sell in Canada, then ICCS and if looking to sell in the US I'd get it into PCGS especially if you're going to use a US auction.

Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
1081 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2010  3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To avoid turning this into a discussion on TPG's, I will refrain from stating personal preferences, but in my experience, Ugly is right. Grade at ICCS if you intend to sell within Canada and PCGS or NGC if you intend to sell within the United States.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2010  11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add limaco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. I did note the varying discussions bout TPG's, so thanks for not turning it into another one! What is my best bet for selling it? Canada, I would assume?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
580 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2010  02:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do all the small bead varieties have the wide rim ?
All The pictures I have seen have the wide flat rim.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2010  7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve kuznicki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a pretty stable market for these if certified by ICCS, PCGS or NGC (and some would argue CCCS). You will get about the same money in the US or Canada on this, no matter where you auction it. If you go PCGS and get a PL66 grade (the best they have given) keep my address. I am looking for one and would pay strongly or bid strongly if you put it up for auction.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
1680 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2010  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve,
I think eBay US still does not recognize ICCS and certainly not CCCS. If you advertize ICCS certified coin in the title or in the description then your auction can be cancelled. This happened to me more than once.... A couple crack pots roam the auctions and report any sellers that do not follow this stupid rule (I was told from an eBay employee that I trust). Unfortunately, in the US I recommend PCGS or NGC.

I sold almost all my ICCS now, so I'm clean from these toxic assets.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05