Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 Canadian dollar - small dots?

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2010  11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve kuznicki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Canadian Coins,

For better or worse, ICCS is THE "name" for Canadian collectors. PCGS sells at a discount and (unfortunately) NGC is laughed at (like Accugrade in the US). I love buying NGC Canadian coins. The largest market for Canadian coins is Canada. In the US PCGS does very well and NGC does OK, especially at large auctions like Heritage.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2010  11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This delisting of ICCS graded coins doesn't occur on auctions originated in Canada afaik.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
581 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to bug you Gys but I found a piece at a flea market thatI am pretty sure is a small bead would like to know , does the small bead have a flat rim ?
This vendor had 2 similar shape but one had a wide rim all the 65 small bead seem to have the wider rim . This coin had the wide rim is it possible this is a small bead the vendor was out to lunch on the prices would like to know , I would buy both but he was asking $70.00 for either to much to take a shot on.
Or how to get $70 .00 for a15$ coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
581 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the rim is the answer why note the bead size
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9688 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2010  12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice to see my comparison photo being reused
The OP's coin is pretty easy to spot, but one that should be verified.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1571 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2010  4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add livingdinasaur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
turn it around and make sure it is
Quote:

That is the surest way I know of, to be sure which coins I am discussing!
We always "turn it over"!
Dick
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2010  10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hbennett8248 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone! I found this wonderful forum via a google search and am hoping some of you can help me. I am an only child and lost both of my parents back in 2002. I have literally been paying to store all of their things ever since. Being a single mom of two, I have always had to maintain a full time job and so I am just now being able to go through everything little by little. I know I have come across a 1966 Canadian silver dollar. I have read all of the posts and can't figure out whether mine is a small beads or large beads nor do I have any clue where to go about taking it. I don't know why my father would have kept it if he knew that it was only worth $10 or so, it just wouldn't be something he would keep I don't think. For instance, another interesting find I have come across is a 1 oz Krugerrand. So I will download some pics I have taken and if someone could point me in the right direction as to where I could take it (maybe locally---Orlando,Fl) or what you think, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2010  10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello hbennett8248 and welcome.

The silver dollar is a standard large bead variant. People often keep one coin from each nation that feel best represent that countries currency. I feel the 1966 Voyageur one dollar coin avidly represents the standard of Canadian decimal coinage.

The Krugerrand is also the first thing that comes to mind when I consider South African currency for example.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2010  2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Diane5045 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I inherited several 1966 Canadian Silver Dollars. They are in mint condition, stored in plastic coin containers/tubes. I'm getting conflicting information on "small" bead and "large" bead, although this forum has been an excellent resource. First, I'm not quite sure why the deceased would have purchased and kept these particular coins (purchased from Monex)if not for investment purposes, thus why I feel the coins are "small" beads. The 2010 North American Coins & Prices, David C. Harper Editor, book shows a different pic of the "small" bead coin than what is shown in this forum. The "dealer" edition of this book shows the same pic (a dealer out of Johnstown, PA). If the pic was a misprint, is there a notification of such? Thank you!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
581 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2010  12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post a picture Diane, The example here is on the previous page is very good. I picked out the variety unfortunately it was a 65 , the experts on here will let you know .
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05