Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 $1 star note - G00001035* - Value?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  04:59 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have a crisp uncirculated 2006 $1 star note with a very low serial #: G00001035. Any idea as to it's current value and future value trend?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2104 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  07:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris12018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2010  10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it carries a premium because of the star, but also because of the low serial #.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2010  2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Current book value is $10 in gem cu condition. Stars and small size notes are very popular now, as to the future ? I can tell you large size notes have taken a plunge in the last 6-8 years.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2010  4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took some pics as requested.

Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2010  5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3stooges to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you get the note?
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2010  5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can tell you large size notes have taken a plunge in the last 6-8 years.

That is definitely not true as a general statement.

Some large size varieties have dropped significantly (such as the 1914 FRN), while others have been on a steady upward spiral (like Gold Certificates). Now is the time to pick up those FRNs and hold off on the gold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2010  6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now is the time to pick up those FRNs and hold off on the gold.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...=68063#68063
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2010  6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys, make a topic on large size note value.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2010  07:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@3stooges:

I picked it up from my register while cashiering at Starbucks. Someone bought coffee with it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2010  07:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an awesome note, you beat me by 3 cause the lowest serial I have is 1038, but it isn't a star.

Nice find!
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2010  3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slash112 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my lowest bill is a 2006 00006418*
got me beat by a few thousand
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2010  6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add maichinht to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta say the condition is great for finding it at starbucks in circulation. Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppertop5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one question being someone bought coffee with it and touched it , the person buying , the cashier and you have all touched the note .
that means its been circulated but in near uncirculated condition correct ?
if you blew it up and looked you would prob find oil from people fingers on the coin and some slight wear .
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2010  06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cperry8483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah for sure. There are some smudges (fingerprints maybe?) on the reverse from someone/something. I guess I won't really know for sure unless I sent it in to be professionally graded whether or not this guy gets uncirculated status. That won't be for a while though.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2010  06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add twincam_04 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you didn't froth on it did you?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05