Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Westminster Mint a scam company?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2010  11:23 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add CoinJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I placed an order with them - never got my coins - and can't get through to anyone at the company. Help?

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's best to deal with known reputable people, i.e local established shops, coin clubs, and local coin shows. These places will steer you into the right direction.

As to you dilema, contact BBB (not much help though) and local media. Media tends to have a better pull.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2676 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looky here:

Head Office
Westminster Mint
3300 Fernbrook Lane
Suite # 160
Plymouth, MN 55447
Tel :1-800-301-3868

Branch Office
Westminster Mint
131 W. Wilson St.
Suite M-102
Madison, WI 53703

Payment Processing Center
Westminster Mint
4100 North Riverside Drive
Melbourne, FL 32937

Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  01:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Whytlash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some more info:

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busine...-mn-15002629

Steve
Pillar of the Community
United States
1827 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are a PCGS certified dealer:

http://www.pcgs.com/dealers/Detail....534&log=True

They are also an NGC authorized dealer:

http://www.ngccoin.com/services/dea...asp?state=MN

I'd drop a dime to both of these organizations and let them know what you think of the fine folks at the Westminster Mint.
Pillar of the Community
555 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Neil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking of ordering something from them. Please let us know how it turns out.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add westminster mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My name is Ian Clay I'm the president of Westminster Mint. We are an established company with an excellent reputation in the bullion and numismatic community. We are members in good standing with several trade organizations and have more than 100,000 active customer accounts. We have an A+ rating by the BBB. The person who posted that they placed an order and did not receive their product should contact me and I will personally look into it and resolve this issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I applaud them for standing up and doing the right thing. Very good! It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but seconds to lose it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
597 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2010  10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add IBGolden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay... I seldom place non-informational posts. But, now that's what I call service.

Mr. Clay, CoinJ posts...

Quote:
... can't get through to anyone at the company.

Although that seems somewhat vague... fioti posted all kinds of contact info for your company... perhaps you could verify that info as current and/or also list a customer service number. Still, I admire your commitment to customer satisfaction and not let such fall down the chain of command.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2676 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2010  12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read the post last night and know of Mr. Clay's reputation. To test the waters I emailed him immediately, went to bed. Checked my mail this morning and at 5:17 a.m. I had a response. This is a win-win. We have gained a very eager and responsible member (100,000 accts!) who may drop by time to time, and he undoubtedly will see an increase in traffic while vindicating himself and his co. I imagine he has insights some of us have only drempt. I for one will be an often visitor to his site. That's Westminster!
Edited by fioti
07/18/2010 12:38 am
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2010  12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add twincam_04 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i guess i'll have to look into the company too.. hope this all goes well for you
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2010  11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverfuturist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I placed an order with Westminster Mint over two weeks ago and have yet to receive my purchase. I contacted them regarding the issue and have not received so much as a confirmation of my questions/concerns. Will keep this board updated...
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2010  12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverfuturist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wanted to follow up on my previous post: It has now been over 3 weeks since my order was placed. Both messages via telephone and email have not been returned. Will wait 1 more week before further action is taken. Will continue to keep board updated...
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2010  9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverfuturist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over three weeks later I just received my purchase from Westminster Mint. It is true you do indeed get what you pay for. I have purchased from both Westminster Mint and APMEX in the past but chose to go with Westminster Mint for this latest purchase due to a lower spot price. I regret my purchase from Westminster Mint ONLY because each coin has a very noticeable crack in it (forgetting how long it too to receive my purchase, I'm happy to have it in my hands) and although under 'certain' times I would call for an exchange, we live in very 'uncertain' times and I am 100% positive of Westminster Mint's purity so I will hoard what I have purchased. Next time, I will pay extra and purchase from APMEX or another dealer. Silver is silver but if I'm ever going to resell, I know there are people out there who will try to bargain with me based on the crack in the coins.
United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ObiCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me tell you about my experience with Westminster Coins. I ordered 2 coins, TWO, a few weeks apart. As presents for a nephew. I gladly paid for them and was happy with them. Now they are sending me coins I DIDN'T ORDER!! I never asked for them. The company says it will charge my debit card £45 each. I tried to ring Westminster Coins. Forget about it! You will NEVER speak to anybody who can help you. I have had to drive into Manchester, UK, to my bank and cancel my card. I sent the coins back...to a PO Box number, never a good sign.

I don't care how many posts the MD puts up saying he runs a reputable business. I RUN A BUSINESS and would never dream of billing a client for something they did not order.

That's my experience and I'm sure I am not the only one.

BE WARNED!!
Learn More...
Australia
11233 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2012  11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Obi, welcome to the forum, but I assume the company you've been dealing with is the UK-based "Westminster Collection", not the American-based "Westminster Mint" under discussion in this thread. Neither company is an actual "mint", per se, nor do either of them have any direct relationship with the government mint, but that's where the similarity ends.

And I'm afraid your experience with TWC is pretty typical of modern direct-marketing coin companies. They get your address and credit card details, (usually through a slick advertisement placed in the mass media) then once they've got you hooked they keep sending you stuff you never ordered, hoping you'll find it easier to just keep paying them money rather than going to the trouble of cancelling. You'll probably find you agreed to it, buried in the legalese you were supposed to read when you first signed up with them.

It took my non-coin-collecting father six months to get Macquarie Mint (a similar outfit here in Australia) to stop sending him coins.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05