Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 D $1.00 Silver Certificate Very Rare off center back

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  5:57 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mikey560 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Ok I have had this note for a while now and I was looking through my collection. I want to know how much this note is worth because I am thinking about posting this on eBay. It is known as one of the furthest off rare center bills known without showing part of another bill caused by being a corner note.

Condition:Extra fine maybe even Uncirculated (look at the pics below)

<<<Offer to buy/sell removed. Please read the rules. Tights24>>>
What is it worth?

PICS:

Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add andrewjconners to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on eBay I saw some of these going for 6dollars. I dont know if that was the final selling price but I found one in circulation yesterday and that is a very nice looking bill!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mikey560 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Andrew^ this is 1935 not 2000's or 1900's and I been told around $500 and more for this!
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2010  10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add numismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bill but wrong forum.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2010  08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I highly doubt you'll even see it reach $100 on eBay. With this kind of error (which is very common) collectors often want the other bill to be shown on the note, the more showing the better.
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2010  10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add iamkayelem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
seems odd that another bill isnt showing with the much off center... maybe it was the last note printed on the sheet? doesn't quite look uncirculated but extra fine seems easily reasonable, though it's never all that easy to tell with scans. eBay is always hit or miss. 2 of the same exact things can sell for hundreds of dollars difference in a matter of days or even hours. one thing I used to do on eBay is put a very high reserve on (though most people hate reserves) and contact the highest bidder at the end of the auction if I though their bid was reasonable. that said, you'd be better off selling it elsewhere if you are looking for that much of a premium.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2010  11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Andrew^ this is 1935 not 2000's or 1900's and I been told around $500 and more for this!

Actually Mikey, it is not 1935, it is 1935D (printed 1949-1953). When you get ready to sell this super rarity, you should mention that 'D' as part of the series. Although it probably wouldn't make much difference to most folks, the 1935 with this type of error is much scarcer than the 1935D.

$500 or more 'eh ? I would recommend that you make your deal with whoever told you that. Personally, I 'give' these things away. Here is a 1935 (printed in 1935) and a couple of reverses of the same series.

Yours was a top corner note as shown by the sheet alignment marks at the top of the reverse. This really isn't saying much though, because it was printed on a 12 note sheet, so every note on the sheet was an edge note.

Good sales pitch you have got going there, but I doubt that anyone here will bite.
Edited by zeewool
10/01/2010 12:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3234 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2010  4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
......nice
Valued Member
United States
497 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2010  4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the same animal Andrew, I don't see anything off center and the condition isn't even close.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2010  8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mikey560 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
andrew not even close to being the same
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05