Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

One sided dollar bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
434 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2010  3:43 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I saw an add for a one sided dollar bill. No other details yet. Any idea of what an error like this could be worth assuming that it is real.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2010  5:51 pm  Show Profile Check bmanofnbc's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add bmanofnbc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are pretty expensive, look on eBay or some paper money websites for "Missing first print" notes and see.
check out my coins for sale on ecrater -
http://bmanscoinsforsale.ecrater.com/
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot upload the photos from here, but here is the link.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...3103243.html

Opinions?
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough to tell from pics. Try to see it in hand. Check for security fibers, feel, and smell(make sure has no chemical smell whatsoever). If everything checks out, make him an offer. He's either been lowballed by a dealer and wants to try and get more online or dealer found it to be man made error and didn't want to buy.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He is looking for $275. I am not sure I even want to get involved.
I have a bad habit of buying everything I can. I might just let this one die. I think
I would have a dealer look at it before I bought.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would stay away from it for $275, highest I'd personally go if it were authentic would be around $100. Errors are a tough market, not alot of error collectors out there, and they aren't looking to pay what book value lists them to be worth. An error like this isn't that rare, only the rarest seem to hold there value.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey bvalania thanks. I will not even think about it now.
What types of errors go for big money?
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The most expensive are the ones with say a $5 face on one side but a $10 back on the other
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2010  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be nice to find. I don't find much searching bills, some radars and stuff. I got a $20 birthday bill of which the birthday woudl be 1930. I do not know if anyone want sthat though or if they look for more modern birthdays.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1257 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2010  08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IF it's legit I would go higher than $100 and 275 is not that far off on some these errors.

You're going to have to check this out in person for condition etc.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05