Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Miniature dollar bill, measures 1 3/4" x 7/8".

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2010  6:13 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jprose31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have a miniature dollar bill, series 1967 or 1987 A, hard to see with my older eyes. The bill arrears to be printed on real paper currency paper, looks and feels real. Anybody know anything about this type of bill?

Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2010  6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess that somebody shrunk it. Never heard of a mini dollar bill that was a real error.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2010  6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jprose31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have done a little research, but I'm far from a pro, shrunk bills appear to be just slightly smaller then the standard size, maybe up to an inch smaller, I can't find a bill online this size, maybe it just a novelty piece.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2010  6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is a star note...

Sorry I'm at work and bored
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2010  6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^^^^^

Edit: Just noticed you don't have that bill protected. Best bet would be to get a holder designed for fractional currency.
Edited by Money
12/14/2010 7:03 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsShop at PDS Coins!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05