Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My "Red Paper Clip" CCF trade experiment...NUMISMATIC STYLE

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25
Pillar of the Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Mine is the $1 coin at only 6.03 g it is tiny compared to the 1oz coins

g/day trout . . I'm a little confused here but that's not too difficult. Burned out a little too much gray matter in my earlier years. Is the coin you're trading the roo you posted pics on 3/12 which shows "one ounce fine silver" since in your quote above you list it at 6.03 g? Is it in original package as shown? I really like that & may just have to jump back in here.
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5081 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
g/day trout . . I'm a little confused here but that's not too difficult. Burned out a little too much gray matter in my earlier years. Is the coin you're trading the roo you posted pics on 3/12 which shows "one ounce fine silver" since in your quote above you list it at 6.03 g? Is it in original package as shown? I really like that & may just have to jump back in here.

Yes the one I have sent to Mint-Marq is the 1997 1oz Kangaroo in its original packaging.
here they are together the one I have sent is the top one.

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken . . 14 months + for this thread. I don't want to see it end but I like that roo & I have something to offer that will fill a hole in your 7070. Gives you time to entertain other offers while the roo hops across the pond from Oz.

OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't got anything for the trade, but this thread is interesting to watch.

Last two pages have gotten Kahn-Fu-Zhing, though.

Pillar of the Community
United States
966 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  07:50 am  Show Profile Check MINT_MARQ's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Trades have been fast and handled a little differently than in the past....
So to help clarify.

Trout traded a group of 3 Florins for some silver half dollars. Here was my favorite of the three.

JeffRose Traded A Peace dollar and a Morgan for the Florins.

Now Trout is trading a 1997 1 ounce Kangaroo for the Silver dollars above.

So that is where we are at right now....Jeff is getting a jump on trade offers with the Large Cent, but anyone can still make offers....Feel free to email them to me instead of posting them in the topic....It adds a little suspense and surprise to the topic.

I will post that I have received the Roo when it comes in and will officially pick the next trade within a day or two. So you can send offers now or later.

Hope that clears up any of the confusion.

By the way....you can always look at the album in my signature block for the trades in chronological photo order.
MINT MARQ'S 7070 in progress...lots of holes and some upgrades needed.

MINT MARQ'S RED PAPER CLIP PHOTOS
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarification, Marq

By the way, that is a beautiful image on that other kangaroo coin that trout's posted. Lonely looking Roo crossing the outback under a full moon.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2434 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lonely looking Roo crossing the outback under a full moon.

Argentum. I am so hurt That roo is called "Kangaroo at Sunset" and has a 'F-15" privy mark. ( I'm still trying to find a good web site that explains the history of the F-15 designation) lol
Sorry Mint Marq, onward with the trade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Argentum. I am so hurt That roo is called "Kangaroo at Sunset" and has a 'F-15" privy mark. ( I'm still trying to find a good web site that explains the history of the F-15 designation) lol

Hey, it was the first thing that crossed my mind with the way the light hit it. I sit corrected, now!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Darth Anarchus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent, I looooove that Roo....... I think a nice combo pack sounds good for the Roo
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  01:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
<Jeopardy music plays on an infinite loop>
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  10:31 am  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love this thread! Hey, how come the "Roo" doesn't have the Queen on the obv?

Oh, and sorry but I have nothing to trade, yet!
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Darth Anarchus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The suspense is killing me... Looks like its time for some
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5081 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  07:47 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I love this thread! Hey, how come the "Roo" doesn't have the Queen on the obv?

There is the Queen's had on the obverse

Quote:
The suspense is killing me... Looks like its time for some

Some coins are Just worth the wait, This one has to get from Aus To the US and that takes a bit of time.
I have been following this thread for a while now and would love to see M.M get a nice gold piece to put in his 7070 album at the end of the day
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
United States
966 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2012  7:15 pm  Show Profile Check MINT_MARQ's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess what hopped out of my mailbox this evening....

The Roo is now available for trade...I have a couple of offers already, but am willing to listen to one or two more before I call a trade.

Anyone else have something to trade Let me know by Wed 4/4 noon EST.
MINT MARQ'S 7070 in progress...lots of holes and some upgrades needed.

MINT MARQ'S RED PAPER CLIP PHOTOS
Pillar of the Community
United States
2220 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2012  04:20 am  Show Profile Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You got mail!
*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade.
My coins for sale
Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05