Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Supplies, Books, Reference, Software, etc

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Where to buy coin collecting supplies?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Kempire
Valued Member
Canada
88 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2011  9:27 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Kempire to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey guys,
I am just wondering where you get all your supplies. I am now in the process of decided how to store my coins. I have 50 or so Morgan dollars, and plan to keep getting more, so I want to put them into a binder. I also have lots of other coins that need to be put away somewhere safe. I am thinking to get 2x2 cardboard holders, and keep everything in binders? This will all be stored in a dry place so this should be good enough right? So, my main question is where can I get such supplies? I live in canada, so many online places will not ship them to me, so if anyone wants to plug a good online store, now is the time. Thanks in advance for your replies.
mike.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
12507 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2011  10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if it would work but you could try the Search tab at the top of the page and type in coin supplies or coin storage materials or coins suppliers. There are many members here that use the internet for coin supplies so they may jump in with their sources. I just go to coin shows and buy or get free Albums. 2x2's and other flips are really cheap at a coin show too.
Haven't heard them mentioned lately but there used to be someone named Brent Gruger or something like that for sjpplies. Hopefully someone will help you out with the right name.
just carl
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2011  10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add debordj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/

I use Wizard - sometimes shipping is high, but if you get bigger lots, you will be good.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1483 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  12:25 am  Show Profile Check Coinstar's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.valleycoin.com/

Shipping is just $5.49 no matter what is ordered.--- I like these guys
"The internet? Is that thing still around?" Homer Simpson.
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  12:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluemule31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iy almost always seems cheaper if you can buy them in person, as opposed to online. The rub is this, if you live in the country like me, it's cheaper to buy online unless you are already going to the city once you figure in fuel costs. Not my opinion....it's a fact
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5602 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  12:49 am  Show Profile Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hooked on JPs Corner:

http://www.jpscorner.com/

Good prices and fast delivery!
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add omahaorange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I second JP's Corner. I have very good dealings with them. Another place I've dealt with and had good luck has been

http://www.brent-krueger.com/

I had two (not a typo) many problems with Wizard Coin Supply to go back to them.
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ayejay1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will 3rd jpscorner.com Cheap, and I've never had a problem with them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
11097 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  09:02 am  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Wizard and ValleyCoin....both good.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CAREā„¢ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
20973 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2011  11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually get things at the coin shows (2x2's, coin tubes, books).

But for a wide variety, especially in Dansco offerings (albums, pages, etc.), I like Wizard Coin Supply.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
Canada
209 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2011  10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Canada I get a lot of my supplies at Colonial Acres http://www.colonialacres.com shipping is not to bad if you order a bunch at a time
Malaysia
6 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2011  10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add irene_star982 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi

For cheaper option....Ebay is always the answer....am sure you can find the right stuff on eBay...
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add weavus135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've being buying from Golden Valley (used to be Gopher Supply) for years. Still the best prices as far as I can tell. Their shipping has gone up recently but prices on what I buy are better than any of the others listed.
http://www.smartcart.com/gvstamps/welcome.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When my Morgans started getting in the way of each other I found Jake's Marketplace. My raw ones go in Eagle brand snaps. The only drawback is they are hard to snap together and sometimes don't stay snapped. I've ended up super glueing the seam.
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lion4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been using valleycoin, the $5.49 S&H is hard to beat.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good...

Working on a Dansco 7113 from circulation.
Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2011  11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the shipping at valley coin is cheaper, but when the prices of the dansco albums are 3 dollars more
all it takes is 2 albums and wizzard coin supply is cheaper with there 9.95 shipping
depends on what you are buying
I get a list and make one big order so wizzard is the way I go
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05