Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

My Toonie list with questions

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2011  01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johnny1328 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one that I got Sanong, is from a proof like set.

Valued Member
Germany
164 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2011  04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But, Does this toonie - the 2006 uncrowned double date polar bear reverse ISSUED FOR CIRCULATION really exist?

According to my (German) world coin catalog it does not exist. The coin you mentioned -- the one in the very nice photo above this post -- was in sets only.

The 1996-2006 double date toonie issued for circulation is the one with the Polar Bear looking up to the Aurora Borealis and the dates on top.

Edited by redlock
02/03/2011 04:22 am
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2011  08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sanong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, Redlock. I don't think it (2006 double date NORMAL BEAR reverse for circulation) exist either. The only 2006 double date for circulation one is the Churhill bear you mentioned. Just curious why the Charlton Catalogue (most popular here) keep "making mistake"?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2011  8:49 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Johnny1328, thanks for posting the pic. The double date at bottom toonie appears now and then on eBay for reasonable prices and I'll nab it then. It's the one of the 4 I'm missing for 2006.

SILDOL, yikes! That's pricey. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOLD-2006-2-COM...t_500wt_1039

This thread is getting more and more interesting.

Valued Member
Germany
164 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2011  04:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

_1999 bear
_1999 Nunavut

_2000 (does this exist?) -- yes it does, as we have established
_2000 W (mintage 117,318)
_2000 Path of Knowledge

I am not sure whether the figure for the 2000 W Polar Bear Toonie is correct.
I got the information some time ago that the "117.318" is the mintage for the 1999 Polar Bear Toonie.

For the two Polar Bear versions of 2000, I have a combined mintage figure of 186.986.

If someone knows how many of the 2000 "W" were minted and how many of the one without the "W" do not hesitate to tell it here...
Edited by redlock
02/07/2011 04:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2011  12:48 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
redlock, I found my information at this site:

http://www.jandm.com/script/getitem...CID=3&PID=41

I see I mistyped, it states the 1999 has a mintage of 117,318. The 2000W has the mintage amount of 186,986. It doesn't mention of a 2000 non-W, non-Knowledge coin so that's why I was questioning it.

Thanks for your response. I've updated and corrected my list on my computer.

Edited by matchbox
02/07/2011 12:49 pm
Canada
31 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2011  9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SILDOL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canada
31 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2011  10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SILDOL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

just learning how to post pics...beautiful coin, compare this one with the pics at the top of this page....gold does make a difference!
Edited by SILDOL
02/07/2011 10:06 pm
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2011  04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johnny1328 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome coin Sildol, maybe someday lol. I just got in 2003 W the other day, I am down to needing only only 2 again. The 2000 normal bear reverse and the new 2011.

Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TwoDollarTwoKnee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After reading the Annual Reports and the quarterly magazines...

Sent: 04/27/2012 To: Royal Canadian Mint
Hello. I have been unable to determine if there is a 1996-2006 circulation "tradtional" toonie with the double date at the bottom of the coin. Quoting from your website, "In celebration of the 10th anniversary of its introduction, the two-dollar circulation coin was produced in two versions: the first honouring the traditional Polar Bear design...and the second featuring his updated pose....It is important to note the position of the 1996-2006 double date on each coin: the traditional bear design shows the date beneath the effigy of Her Majesty, while the updated bear shows the date above the effigy." That said, I cannot locate, anywhere on your site or in your annual publications, where you indicate that the double date 'circulation' coin does in fact exist with both date locations. Do both exist in circulation issues? Sincerely, xxxxx

Reply from the RCMApril 27, 2012 - Dear xxxx, Thank you for contacting the Royal Canadian Mint. With regards to your inquiry, please note that both coins do exist. There are also pictures of the two versions of the coins beside the paragraph.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, SILDOL!

Quote:
not sure how to add a link, sorry

Either copy/paste the URL from the box, or just the item number. All you need is http://cgi.ebay.com/290528396790 The rest is just eBay spyware.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  10:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, TwoDollarTwoKnee!

You're off to a great start.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Canada
3453 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  10:08 am  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually the german planchett ERRORs that list there aren't really part of the series, but getting a german planchett toonie would count. ICCS doesn't grade them below MS 62, because there is very, VERY little difference between a canadian planchett and german planchett below that grade. It's all about lustre, it's different on the german one :)

The 1996 German Planchet strike is definitely not classified as an error. They were business strikes, struck at the Winnipeg Mint in early 2006. Mint boxes dated past the end of March, will not contain German Planchets (pers. comm. J.F.).

Secondly, as of late 2011, ICCS no longer certifies and distinguishes between German and Canadian planchets. I spoke with Brian last December, and he said it is too difficult to do it quickly and consistently, especially with Canadian planchets with strong die polishing.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2012  6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EquestrianBit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to ask if a 2006 uncrowned single lower date is common or not, and its mintage.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, EquestrianBit!
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05