Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2002 P Louisiana State Quarter Die error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  7:25 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add chitownrdh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi everyone. New here. Going through my pocket change I came across this coin. Could these errors be significant in anyway? Thanks in advance for your help. Things to look at:
Obverse side: United States is present - O of OF is present-America seems to be missing. are in Dollar is very faint. IN GOD WE TRUST- E in WE is very faint, T in TRUST very faint.
Reverse side: Date is present though faint. E PLURIBUS UNIUM extremely faint, though S and you is somewhat defined. Farthest music note on left is faint. The A and E in LOUISIANA PURCHASE is very faint. Outline of country is pretty well defined except where Florida is located. State imprint lacks texture detail. I think that it may be nothing but could be something? Hope pics are ok. Let me know if more pics are needed, I have pics of a normal LA state coin.

Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add invisibleninja7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't seem to be a big deal, looks to be struck through grease to me, though it is a pretty extreme example. I've found a few like this myself, 'T' in Trust missing on the obverse, no 'Oak' after 'The Charter' on Connecticut. It's worth keeping for the cool factor, but other than that I don't really think it's worth more than face.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Struck through grease.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chitownrdh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this web site and the coin I have almost exactly fits this person's description(4th degree) of the quarter. Check it out its interesting.

http://www.e-adventure.net/collecti...pelican.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
3493 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2011  11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add foundinrolls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

When a coin is struck through grease and has this much detail missing, it is worth keeping. In the overall scheme of things, they are a common error type but this much detail missing makes it collectible.

Thanks,
Bill
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05