Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Canadian cent mintages?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
cladhunter13
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1149 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  9:35 pm Show Profile Check cladhunter13's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add cladhunter13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Can anyone let me know what the mintage is for the 2008 - 2011 Canadian cents please? Working on a spreadsheet to keep track of my collection and my older Charlton's does not have the mintage for those years. Actually I would also need the mintage for the nickel, dime and quarter if possible for the same years. I would very much appreciate the assistance.

Thank you,
cladhunter13

Check out my current eBay Auctions http://www.ebay.com/sch/louisetimg1...pg=50&_sop=1
One of my favorite Coin Roll Hunting finds of 2010
Forum Dad
United States
6216 Posts
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1149 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  9:49 pm  Show Profile Check cladhunter13's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cladhunter13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much bobby131313. Very helpful.
Check out my current eBay Auctions http://www.ebay.com/sch/louisetimg1...pg=50&_sop=1
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
823 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2011  2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bibd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I'm afraid those posted mintage numbers are very dubious. Specifically, I'm talking about 2006 and 2007 mintages (and maybe other dates too).

I know, I know, they come from the Charlton "bible". All I have to go by is the RCM annual reports. I suspect that's all anybody can know without inside mint information.

One more time (if anybody is listening, or cares), according to the RCM reports...

2007 production of zinc cents: 9,625,000
2007 production of steel cents: 938,270,000

How anyone can then conclude (and publish!)

2007 dated zinc cents: 9,625,000
2007 dated steel cents: 938,270,000

is beyone me.

We know that in the RCM fiscal year 2007, there were 9,625,000 zinc cents produced. We also know that in the RCM fiscal year 2007, there were 101,475,000 cents produced bearing the date 2006.

These surely must overlap somewhat. In fact, almost no 2007-dated zinc cents have ever been found in circulation. Further, a mint spokesperson told a CCF member here that the entire 2007-dated run was zinc. That may be incorrect too, but there is not enough information to conclude the mintage splits of date and composition. The reports do not discuss this. They merely present date mintages and composition mintages, separately. And (last time I checked) you can't solve

x + y + z + w = 2 billion

by only knowing x + y and x + z.
Edited by bibd
04/13/2011 2:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1149 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2011  4:30 pm  Show Profile Check cladhunter13's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cladhunter13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heh. Thank you for the info. I hate algebra. For my general purpose for my spreadsheet I will just use the numbers listed in Charlton's and from this site. I do not think anyone who views the spreadsheet will comment if my 2007 - 2010 mintage are wrong or any other mintage for that fact. I'm trying to figure out what else I can put in my spreadsheet. I'm new to Excel and learning as I go. Any ideas of what else would be useful for my spreadsheet? I'm using to keep track of how many coins I have. I tracks Date, Quantity, Mintage, Variety, Error, Composition, Weight, Diameter and a generalized Pictures for each year to show the OBV and REV with a picture showing Varieties/errors. It is still a work in progress and I have the Canada Small cents done and a start on nickels 1922 +. Looking to see what other information other people like to track. I will work on individual coin grades and pictures in the not to distant future.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,
cladhunter13
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
823 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2011  7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bibd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand when people tune out this detail on the mintages, but *my* solution is to list just what I know about mintages: mainly the total for the year, and indicate in a note something like that the zinc mintage is known to be less than 9 million.

What bothers me is when the catalogs publish their incorrect inferences as fact, with no source.
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add topwren to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not go to mint.ca and hit learn and Circulation currency it tells
Reverse side designs | Technical specifications | Mintages
right on their site
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1372 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try the reports on the RCM website. The 2011 report is going to come out at the end of this month.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Edited by Petersun
03/07/2012 1:23 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05