Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 1900 5 Cent Wide or Narrow 0

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
62 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2011  2:48 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mbird to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi --

Can you confirm if this is a narrow or wide 0.

I do look in the guide and on the Internet and make an opinion for myself but I like to follow up here with experts as this helps me check what I think it is as well as learn more! Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
606 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add collectall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You do mean 5 cents I hope,and not 1 cent?
I am not an expert by any means.
To me it looks like the "small date"
This piece is silver.Called a "fish scale"
I'm sure someone else will give you more info.
Oh,and by the way
Edited by collectall
05/03/2011 4:20 pm
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mbird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh yes -- 5 cent :)
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small date. Not easy to tell, because of the heavy wear, and the blending {for lack of better word} of metal into the digits. But, the overall shape of the date digits more closely resembles the small date than the large date.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2011  3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Colhand1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The picture is definitely of a narrow 0
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Terry-T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the 9 is the same as an 1897 or 1898, it's a large 9 wide OO. If it looks like the 9's on an 1899 or 1901, it's a small 9 narrow 00. Yours is a small 9 narrow 00.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05