Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Variety and Error Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Bad. 1993 lincoln cent. NO NECK ?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
mlesage54
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  07:36 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mlesage54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Is this a error and is it worth keeping ?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the neck area has probably been polished nearly smooth. you will see that also on the memorial building in the reverse where the top section seems to "float" without being connected. probably little or no premium, but a fun find.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8687 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Later die stage where the die has been polished too much. Die should have been retired rather than continued in use. You can find later stages than this with the neck completely missing.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
11139 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  1:18 pm  Show Profile Check coop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse has a MAD showing on the lower left side. Not enought to warrant a premium. So the value is what it saws on the back of the coin.
Richard S. Cooper

Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, I've completed an Educational DVD of these. Become a supporter of this site, send me your address and I will send you a DVD. Many have loved this so far. I just completed version 11. The most updated version yet. So if you haven't got a copy yet, it is a good time to do so. I also have a DVD and one for windows media player. The one for media player is nice for your computer as it is clearer in images. Let me know which you would prefer. If you are a new member and wish the DVD, make your donation and have them pass on to me where you would like this shipped. Most have really appreciated this to increase the coin knowledge. Thanks for your support!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2576 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  2:24 pm  Show Profile Check Earle42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the "Dracula" variety?

Visualize Whirled Peas
- Doctors with patience will lose money letting loose their patients.
- They're over there with their car.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Darth Anarchus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^ -
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4096 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No offense intended mlesage52. But I think you would be well served to maybe read a lot of existing threads in the error variety section. You will learn a bunch about what is an error and what is normal. So far what you are posting are normal coins.
I'm not preaching, everyone has questions, just believe that learning what questions to ask will make a person a smarter collector.
Stay brown and hail the Boognish.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05