Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1 Oz Silver Bullions

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
451 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2011  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have just recently started putting together a 1 ounce silver Zoology collection. I am trying to get a large variety of different animals together. I plan to put them in a 2x2 20 slot display case array when I have enough of them.

Right now I have:
2011 Wolf, Grizzly and Panda. I am getting a Fiji Turtle, Australian Kookaburra and a Koala.

Does anyone know what other species are available out there? (I am trying to stay away from the lunar ones as I already have a lunar set)

Also, is there any reliable sources for purchasing these?
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2011  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start to your collection, I've started them to...plus there is a nice collection of 1 oz silver rounds, from the north american big game, all species of big game animals..i think there is like 18 coins in all (i may be mistaken), I've just got 4 on ebay last week, they are very nice. you can also try the Perth Mint they have all kinds of animals (other than the lunars) on 1 oz silver...they are very nice as well.... good luck..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2011  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the Australian Kangaroos,
New Zealand Kiwi Bird
Somalian Elephant,
Mongolian Ural Owl and Woverine
Canadian Lynx and Arctic fox from fractional sets,
American buffalo rounds,
Eagles from the Sunshine Mint,
Tuvalu Sea Horse, ....

your collection will be a big one!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3665 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2011  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sure hope Canada comes out with a glorious moose or a caribou for a bullion issue. Still waiting for the real representation of wildlife (raccoons, pidgeons, deer, seagulls, mosquitoes...)
Valued Member
Canada
451 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2011  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also like to see some common things such as muskrats, chipmunks, raccoon, foxes, etc.
Valued Member
Canada
480 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2011  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chubbycheeks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just about finished my maple collection with only a few missing dates ( the easy ones to get ) , But after seeing that 1998 trident wielding goddesssss I'd have to say Wow I have to put the collecting on hold for a second.
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2011  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love that mosquitoes idea LOL, but the moose or Caribou would be nice, I dont think we will see the moose cause its not endangered species, this set are endangered species, so Caribou (woodland), swif fox, canadian lynx, cougar, a nice wolverine would be awsum..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2011  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
britannias are my favorite design, .958 silver, mintage 100,000? so they are quite worth collecting. I have a set of gold gilded britannias, 14 beautiful coins. I also finished maple leaf, Kook, panda from 2003 till now
Pillar of the Community
United States
5862 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2011  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lithanial said:

Quote:
Does anyone know what other species are available out there? (I am trying to stay away from the lunar ones as I already have a lunar set)

Check out ebay under "NORFED" - sometimes you can find a California piece with a Grizzly on the REV. I always liked the looks of this round. Seems to me I remember also seeing something about a moose on one of them - but it is only a small outline of a head and not the major theme of the coin. It might even be a hallmark added to the coin. I am not sure.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2011  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my stash, mostly animals

Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2011  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photos poboxw; you have some beautiful coins there!
Valued Member
Canada
451 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2011  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is a lot of silver. I have a long long long ways to go to get that.

What is that owl coin?
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2011  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love it. how much oz do you have in all
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2011  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is that owl coin?

That's Mongolia's Ural Owl, second in the series behind the wolverine (which is now worth $500-600). I'm not one for crystals on coins but the owl is really very well done.

Got about 50oz of 1oz silver coins I intend to (am allowed to) keep. Most of the coins we bought 10-20 of and made enough in profit in selling all but one to cover for that one. That was the plan my financial advisor (i.e. wife) approved.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05