Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1.00 Vault Stack Bills?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2673 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  1:57 pm Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I just started collecting coins this year and have made few purchases after research. Today I made my first paper purchase and would like to know if I have made a bad investment because I have no idea.

Anyway. I saw an article in the paper today about how "The World Reserve" is offering, "Vault Stacks containing three protective banker portfolios, each loaded with a valuable uncut sheet of never circulated $1.00 bills".

They are only making these bills available to the public for 48 hours and you have to be in special zip code! So I called and ordered right away! You had to have a special code to give them and everything! My cost was $111.88 for three uncut stacks (each of the three have 4 bills that are uncut)and each uncut set of four comes with holder and a certificate of authenticity.

All feedback is welcome!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate to say it, but..... I think if you become serious about collecting coins in the future, this will be a purchase you second guess. The "article" you saw in the newspaper was actually just an advertisement made to look like a news story. Companies like The World Reserve, World reserve monetary exchange, such and such mint are really not very respected in numismatic circles. They fluff up their products with fancy advertising and pretty packaging and use terms like "only available for 48 hours" and "banker portfolios" to make the unsuspecting buyer think they got a great deal when in all actuality the buyer could have acquired the same item for substantially less. If your happy with the purchase and you are comfortable with what you paid then that's all that matters but most of the time you can find better deals elsewhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2673 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  2:21 pm  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats what I was afraid of. They have a 90 day money back garantee. Do you have an idea about how much my purchase would be worth in todays market(give or take)? I do understand that took a chance. If I have taken too big a haircut I will send it back.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rickmp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$15.50 (with FREE shipping, too!) for one uncut sheet of four one dollar notes at BEP. http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/be...tsheets.aspx
Edited by rickmp
06/02/2011 2:31 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11122 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  2:39 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can purchase uncut currency directly from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. What you have are three horribly overpriced partial sheets, full sheets have 32 notes. 4 note sheets are $15.50 and a full 32 note sheet is $55. For the money you spent, you could have purchased two full sheets of $1s or purchased one full sheet of $2s and had a bit of money left over.
http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/un...urrency.aspx
ANA R-3151318
Pillar of the Community
United States
2673 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  3:25 pm  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jokingjoker, thanks for you quick response! I called and cancelled the order. I will check with my local dealer and see if I can find a better deal.
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you are wanting some uncut notes I would get them straight from the source and get them from the BEP. They usually do carry a premium over face when its time to sell but not as much of a premium as you paid. As was said above a full sheet is 32 notes. I have a uncut sheet of 1976 $2 bills that I have had for awhile and I have seen them sell on eBay for over 100 bucks. If you do get them from the BEP you get the cardboard tube that you can keep the notes in so they do not get bent or torn (they are actually hard to store without a tube to put them in). Those types of ads you saw in your paper is put in every newspaper around the world and all of them says only for this certain area and such. Usually they are full page ads in color and look like brinks employees carrying them in a vault (or out) on hand trucks with armed guards guarding them bringing them in and out. They have made a fortune doing this from unsuspecting buyers that do not know this is actually an add instead of a news bulletin in their newspaper. This has been done with not only notes but also coins, some in a cardboard box to make them look like a bar of gold or some other precious metal
Pillar of the Community
United States
2673 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  3:42 pm  Show Profile Check TJsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks biochemist6 and richmp!
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lee8775 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I fell for the same item several years ago. If your package includes a storage album, it is worth more than the uncut sheets of 4 bills. Learned my lesson the hard way. I now store other items of currency in the album. But that's how you learn. I didn't know about this wonderful website then but I do now, and it is a wealth of knowledge and a great resource to belong to.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2011  12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wolverine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can get a refund, go for it! sorry about bad luck!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05