Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 cent- large or small date?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:13 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
4317 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a large date to me.
"...being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Vonnegut
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrokaToe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, for sure Large Date
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrokaToe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an example of both

Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This took me a little bit to get the difference.......

Hope this helps with the difference....

SMALL DATE

LARGE DATE

Pillar of the Community
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i look at the top of the 6 as a key the small date top of the six stops in the middle and on the large date it hooks all the way to the right side
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wild Bill, that large date RPM looks stunning!
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are the best!
Found one in my coin stash.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1335 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  12:27 am  Show Profile Check mdpmedia's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

With the assistance of some stock photos I added a few illustrative black lines on a small side-by-side comparison to aid in easily and quickly (for auction situations) distinguishing between large and small date 60s.

The top of the far right black line in both photos touches the same point on both the large and small date varieties; it is the bottom endpoints of both of these lines that are the distinguishing features etc.

The explanation for the far left black line in both photos is reversed somewhat in that both lines' bottom endpoint touch the same place on the inward curved portion of both the large and small date types etc...

I hope this viewpoint further complements the other member's useful suggestions.,

mdpmedia

Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  01:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is an example of everyone having input and the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts......
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I found a small date 1960- but is there any doubling?
I am still having trouble identifying a DDO.

Is there anything else unusual about this 1960 small date that you can see?

I've said it before but it bears repeating; this site and its posters are a wealth of knowledge, and generosity.

Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fur_coin_talk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ALso:
How rare or common are these?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11128 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  11:09 am  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1960D small dates are a little tougher than large dates but they are common enough that I own 5 rolls of them. The 1960P small date is the toughest 1960 but nice red BU examples can still be had for under $10.
ANA R-3151318
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2011  11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm finding about 1 1960DSD to 15 1960DLD......
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05