Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chinese Silver Coin? from Hongkong? | fantasy dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

India
2 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2011  10:29 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add vikanaut4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Could someone help me in identifying this coin? and also how much it would be worth? It has some chinese lettering (8 horizontal) letters on one side and a portrait of a queen/ princess on the other with 3 vertical letters. Feels like silver to me.

Identified - moved to Exonumia forum - Sap

Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2011  10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tokenmast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

found her eBay Item
part of set. most probably not silver although may have tiny amount ly very tiny

wait for perfect time snipe it for ? $2.00 $3.00 ?

edit more info
The coin is a force, TFDwall. TrueField Detective . .. Tools and Instruments.cr.tm.pat/pend. Counterfeit/off metal, silver
Edited by tokenmast
07/13/2011 11:14 am
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2011  12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add manymore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese love commemorative souvenir coins. These "coins" are modern but cannot be used as money.

This coin is one of a set of four coins entitled (small bottom image) "The Four Great Beauties of Ancient China".

The portrait side (top image) identifies the woman as Yang Guifei.

Yang Guifei was the consort of Emperor Xuanzong of the Tang Dynasty.

The coins are not made of silver and were produced in a very large quantity. They usually sell for about a dollar or two.

If interested, I discuss a Chinese "charm" associated with Yang Guifei here: http://primaltrek.com/blog/2011/05/...orrow-charm/

Gary

Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2011  4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tokenmast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you , manymore , nice link love Chinese will be back
The coin is a force, TFDwall. TrueField Detective . .. Tools and Instruments.cr.tm.pat/pend. Counterfeit/off metal, silver
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CC forum
India
2 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vikanaut4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Token Mast, Many More...thanks a ton for welcoming me to the community. So the coin lady's worth nothing eh...thats too bad...anyway, chinese charm was interesting though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2011  1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tokenmast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Four Great Beauties of Ancient China".

The portrait side (top image) identifies the woman as Yang Guifei.
. looks a bit like my wife so you tell me how value able is that The Four Great Beauties.!!
showing this post tonite
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05