Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, proofs and other finds  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 1514
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2017  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earendil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Earendil, I've been picking up numerous CWRs locally with the same slit up one side, though the slit is lightly (and apparently hastily) taped. Sorry you received an entire box like this

SUPER ANNOYING!

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, whomever dumped the half dollar box I received was not even that kind; I received the majority of the box's rolls in a condition similar to that of the rolls in the picture. About half were marked, while another large chunk of them had that slice down the side. None were taped, and more than a few dumped out their contents before I realized what was going on (this was the first time I've seen rolls like this).

In all honesty, I think that the slicing-down-the-side method is quite single-minded on the part of the unknown searcher(s). Wherever the rolls end up following drop-off, there's going to be someone who has to deal with the mess born of the searcher's laziness (in this case, it was me). I just feel like it should be common courtesy to re-roll coins in clean, intact wrappers.

By the way- I apologize if I come off as a little upset about this. Normally, I spend customer-wrapped rolls after the act of searching them (and/ or replacing possible silver coins), but that's obviously impossible with rolls of this type. On top of the "skunk" that was/ is the box, I also have to tap into my own supply of wrappers in order to rectify the overall situation.
Edited by Earendil
02/15/2017 7:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2017  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck, That is why I would not suggest Acetone, Its not good for your body, or Lungs, I suggest anyone to stay away from it. Like I stated that 90% Alcohol works great won't harm you long term, unless you drink it.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang Arby you're having a rough time of it lately, but it just goes to show that it's not all a bed of roses. I'm really surprised you went this long without having a skunk week. All you can do is stick it out, there's more silver out there it's just a matter of getting hold of the right boxes. Last week was a really slow week for me, only one lonely 40%er. I'm hoping this week will be a better week. I can't believe silver is so slow right here at the first of the year when people have just dumped around the holidays, maybe lots of the dumps are still sitting in bags on coin counters and they will fill up and be in the mix later this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1735 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Domain555 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Berto:

Quote:
D555, I don't mind your post because WLs are my absolute favorite coin...Classy classic, if you will!

That said I've found only 2 WLs in the 125 boxes I've searched, and none in thousands of dollars worth of CWRs. In my area, WLs for face value are very rare.

Yes - very rare to get them at face.

Note: I just ordered my first BOX of half dollars from my CU. He said they would come Tuesday.

I've been wanting to do this for about 2 years.

As you know I am an EISENHOWER guy. But it is getting harder and harder to get them. But I did get 41 IKEs last week from my CU.

Note: I am guilty of paying 'bout $.60 ~~ $.70 over currant AG melt value for the Walkers. HAPPY HAPPY

Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RCook, thanks that is what we have to put up with in this hobby, everyone sooner than later will hit a very long skunk streak, Happy to say I picked up 4 boxes yesterday and box 37 had 3 pieces of silver and box 38 had 1, so I am back to a 2 box skunk so far, I also pulled a GEM 87D, Its in awesome shape for being in circulation, I took two pic of it to show it off. Off to dump and pick up my last four boxes for the week.

36 Box Skunk Streak comes to an end!

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
02/16/2017 11:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
way to get back on the horse arby, what else can you do but push on?

just did the first 2 boxes of the day, double skunk. Loads of shiny edged coins from the 70s, especially 1977. it was like a quarter of each box was 1977. that does not bode too well for this batch with this stamp # on it.
Oldest CRH finds:
Cent: 1864
Nickel: 1883 (w cents)
Dime: 1850
Quarter: 1957
Half: 1893
Dollar: 1885
Learn More...
United States
42663 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds, Arby!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and 2 more boxes for the quadruple skunk. I must have gotten over 1000 bu 1977s today. How the heck does that happen? It could not have been a CRH who accumlated them, they all looked the same. Some how, that many of them got into my supply stream, I guess just a mystery of CRH.

If those boxes show up tomorrow, well, I won't expect much.

Good luck all,
Oldest CRH finds:
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last 4 boxes for the week all skunks, once again 5 coins I marked from last month and one in Oct. I'm telling ya, the feds are doing something different from before, I rarely ever saw coins I marked and now its very often. I did get a very cool ender in a box a 1952 East Africa Ten Cent coin, It has its natural luster still which is nice. Wishing you all the best, hope you all have a wonderful extended weekend it your employers take it off. Press on and see what next week brings. Almost forgot I did pull two clad proofs, 77S and 84S.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
02/17/2017 12:47 pm
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bigtater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been skunked so much I haven't searched a box in over a year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just was the recipient of another quadruple skunk. Dif stamp # than yesterday, so that is 2 different stamps with quadruple skunks in a row. not good.

good luck out there,
Oldest CRH finds:
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big7mag to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skiddib I also noticed several 1977 in my boxes . Keep at it! The silver will come!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skibdib to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep, still some time left in Feb to pull some goodies. next week is a new week of chances.
Oldest CRH finds:
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skibdib, what is the stamp number on the boxes you got a lot 77's out of? The reason I ask is that a few weeks ago I got a couple boxes that were loaded with 77's too. The stamp number was 6059. That's the only stamp number I've got from one of my banks for the past several months, also sorry to say most of them are lacking much silver. I keep hoping I'll get some boxes from another batch.

This weeks boxes were better than last weeks but still nothing to write home about. I pulled 5 pieces of silver all were 40%ers. I also got 2 1982P no FG and 2 1982P missing the F in FG. YTD silver 19.9706 troy oz. Once again the boxes from one of my banks had no silver. I know this is at least 3 consecutive weeks without any silver from that bank. Two weeks ago I'd already broken 19 oz. for the year and everything was looking great for 2017, two weeks later and I still haven't broken 20 oz. If I can pull at least one silver next week I'll still be maintaining an average of at least 10 oz./month for 2017. Even though last year I found over 12.5 oz./month average, if I can maintain a 10 oz./month average for the year I'll be very happy. The year started off very good, but things cooled down quickly. All I can do is hope next week is a better week. Good luck to everyone on their quest for silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4790 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 boxes from Tuesday: 1 proof and an NIFC. Not good.
Page: of 1514 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05