Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your new currency acquisitions!  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 157
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was asked to informally appraise a local womans deceased husbands collection and this was the only piece of currency in it! I made a fair offer with the caveat she have at appraised by the dealer that was purchasing her coins. She had over $30,000 in gold coins and thought they might be worth $5-6000. She gratefully let me have it cheap.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one of those, but not nearly as nice as yours. Kudos!
YB
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12070 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. How do you grade it?
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6615 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, very nice indeed! Is the top margin as tight as it looks or is that a product of the scan?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12070 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My question exactly. This issue is notorious for tight top/bottom obverse margins, so I'm guessing this scan is accurate. See the tight centering below:

Edited by Coinfrog
03/21/2017 7:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12070 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And further:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6615 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2017  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12070 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2017  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jimjumper - input if you will, please!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2017  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always liked Washington on a $20....these Fr.1187's are no exception.

Beautiful notes guys. How does the note grade @Jimjumper?
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just took a close look and while the top margin is there it is real tight. Despite the color and the nice face it does have 3 folds so its, at best , a VF albeit a nice one. paid $250 for it and think I got a bargain.
Page: of 157 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05