Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does anyone know where to buy this type of album?

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earle

I know I'm a newbie but if you're interested for years (since 1986 to be exact) I've been using an Eagle US Dollar Commen Coin album with the pages which hold 20 2 x 2 slots to store my Proof ASE's. This must be similar to TheNickelGuy's setup.

This allows me to see 20 Proof ASE's at one glance (obviously) and I don't ever take them out of their Mint supplied plastic holders.

Since there are six pages in the album, I store other Mint encapsulated coins, and some SBA's in after market capsules, etc in the same album. The edge of the binder has a place for a identifying card, so I can label it however I want.

Still can't get over your Lucite holder for Franklin halves, guess now I'll have to learn how to tap and countersink in Lucite.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2602 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  10:40 pm  Show Profile Check Earle42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info wvparadox. I think these may be the ones jdfindring once posted pics of what he used for his ASEs. He once posted a pic of them:
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...102970eagles

I think they work well, but admit I do not like the look of the "strap" that holds the capsule in. In fact it was the Eagle albums that got me to thinking about trying to see if anyone made pages with the bottom of the capsules already built in (all one would need do is insert the coin and snap the top on).

Tapping is easy and done by hand. Countersinking is easy with a drill press (can be done carefully by hand). I suggest you go to a Mom and Pop hardware store, give then an idea of what you want to do, and ask their help. The fun part is planning and drawing the layout. Also make sure the spade drill bit you use is sharp.

I have been thinking of making more of these cases for other sets. I already did one for Canadian George V nickels - but it was a rush job so I am not happy with it. But I had some scrap plexiglass laying around so decided to do it.

spelling error edited
Visualize Whirled Peas
- Doctors with patience will lose money letting loose their patients.
- They're over there with their car.
Edited by Earle42
01/29/2012 10:51 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05