Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Beta Identification Forum | Please Read  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Feel free to comment here and tell us what you think.

I think this is a great idea.
Formerly jwharper
4253 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2011  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of you, like SAP, know me from the Ancients board. If I know a coin belongs on the Ancients board but am needing help to ID the coin, should it be posted here first. Or, because I know it belongs on the Ancients board, should I just post it there to begin with.

This makes no difference to me, except that people on the various boards need to be informed to post all unidentified coins here if that is the case.

JW
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17068 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2011  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you know it belongs in a certain forum, just post it there from the start.
Pillar of the Community
India
1534 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drnsreedhar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you do like this?
Once a coin is identified, let the thread be shifted. But the title shall remain here with a link to the same title in the new forum. Only the title is duplicated, one of them remains here and all the rest goes to the new forum.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2012  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uscoins0408 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure this will work for all posts. What I mean is that when you have something that is unidentified, you may have numerous people who have some input on what you have. This just happened to me. I had an old Roman coin to identify, and the community here was able to identify the obverse, but no one had identified the reverse. So now I have a Roman coin, still not fully identified, in a different forum. In my opinion, this should be optional, and up to the original poster to move their topic to the appropriate forum. Thank you for letting me express my opinion. :)
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17068 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2012  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So now I have a Roman coin, still not fully identified, in a different forum.

To be honest, that doesn't make sense. If we now know it's a Roman coin, the best place for it is absolutely the Roman forum. That's where the Roman experts hang out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3211 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2014  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have preferred that my world coin be left in the world coin forum to be discussed and possibly identified. I have never visited this part of the forum until my thread was moved here.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17068 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2014  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, I moved it back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3211 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2014  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05