Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

No remote shooting available  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2440 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2016  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear it - I can't imagine it will take more than another couple months for Canon to get their stuff updated - I'd contact them periodically asking about it.
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2016  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on software for Sierra operating system: It has been almost 2 months since I first contacted Canon. Still no updated version for Sierra. I would recommend Mac users to not upgrade to the latest software version Sierra. Continue using El Capitan. I'll continue to check with Canon on this issue. Below is the latest response from Canon.

I continue to check for the update for Sierra almost daily, but I find nothing. Each day I have to delay working with Canon software for Sierra. It is almost 30 days and no upgrade. I am beginning to think that there will never be an upgrade to Sierra. If this is the case, it would be greatly appreciated to know, so all of us waiting can make other plans for our projects. Here is a copy of what I fine each day I look for the upgrade.

Drivers & Downloads

Operating SystemmacOS Sierra v10.12 LanguageEnglish
SoftwareFirmwareUtilities
There is no software for the OS Version you selected.On Nov 11, 2016, at 5:19 AM, Camera Support <eoscamera@cits.canon.com> wrote:

Glenn smick
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2016  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked Canon's website, and they now have an update for operating system Sierra for Mac. Haven't downloaded it yet. I have some tasks to do first. Then I will upgrade the Mac operating system to Sierra, and then download and install the Canon upgrade. I'll let you know how things work out. Ham
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2016  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chettieyy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure where your running into problems using remote shooting tethered with mac sierra but I have a 13inch MacBook pro w/ 16gigs of upgraded ram running sierra with all updates that are possible from both canon and apple done and I have never had an issue since day one.. everything works flawless for me... let me know if I can be of any help and will try my best to accommodate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2016  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chettieyy, as soon as I installed the new Sierra update on my desktop, the EOS Utility would not work. The "Camera settings/Remote shooting" was grayed out and would not work. My Mac is late 2013, with Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory. I wouldn't think that would make a difference. I have not yet installed Sierra to see if the EOS Utility will now work. I will keep you posted. Ham
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2017  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hamm what version of digital photo professional are you using. the old version has crashed. so I went to the canon site. I have there latest version for windows 10. there is going to be a learning curve to this program. I wish they would leave this programs alone. hope you got what you needed
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2017  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rocky, I using this version: Version 3.15.0 (3.15.0.0). I have been to the website and they have a new version for the Mac operating system upgrade to Sierra. I have no new material to photograph, so I have not upgraded the Mac computer to Sierra, and thus have not installed the latest version of DPP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2017  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow ham I had to upload version # 4 to work with DPP. to work with a 4 K monitor. my son showed me where all the tools are that I need. the new program is a good one. its a lot like control pro. its going to work good for me. hope you have good luck as well. have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2017  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hamm what ever you do not upgrade. because canon has a new problem. if your computer works at 32 bit true colour DPP wont work at all. lots of people are notifying canon over the issue. but a lot are leaving going to capture 1. because they now support Canon and Nikon camera. that program has a learning curve. I have decided to see. if I can find a good older laptop. I will never attach it to the net. this windows 10 is a pain in ways thats for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2017  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rocky, thanks for the information. I have upgraded to the newer version that works with the Mac operating system Sierra. All seems to be fine for me. I hope there are not issues in the future as I have many, many photos stored in DPP, and of course spent countless hours used their tools. Ham
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello ham I contacted canon. they have informed me that. It will be some time in the further. before they come up with a fix. I found out that Canon and Nikon are sharing there camera drivers with control pro. I have contacted control pro. they had a professional photographer. that they contact him out to provide there services. he showed me where, I can know tether a canon camera a nikon camera and sony. I think I will have to take the plunge. I will switch over to control pro capture one. they have a very good photo editing program. they sent me a link. to show how easy it is to tether and control the camera from a computer. canon message me to let me know. as long as I have windows 8 no problems.
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi rocky, I have an iMac running Sierra (operating system). I haven't encounter any problems so far. Could you supply me the link for control pro capture one, so I could see how easy it is to tether and control the camera from a computer? Thanks, Ham.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello ham here is the link.https://www.phaseone.com/en/Product...Cameras.aspx . ham on this page go down to where you see phase one in the box. type in the box the camera you want to check for tethering. they are now supporting 400 hundred various camera. there editing software is outstanding. austrokiwi uses this site to tether his Sony camera. hamm they offer a 30 day free trial. I think monday I will purchase my licence. I want to go to 4K. it will be years or maybe never. before canon upgrades there software. canon is turning way to many camera driver over to this site. that says one thing about canon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
669 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, rocky. I think that as long as the Canon software works for me, I will stick with it. If I encounter issues, I will consider control pro capture one. Ham.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ham I have the capture one pro 10. it works the canon cameras . no problems to make setting changes on the fly. this is going to make photo editing easy. OK tried the nikon D7100 excellent. OK tried the Sony camera excellent. this is exactly what I needed. so one program I can tether any one of my 3 camera. the images all go to the same editing screen. this is working very good so far
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05