Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Do You Buy Bullion Coins?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2017  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TMCD75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Libertad Bug has bitten me very hard!! As a Libertad person, I'm in it for both the stacking and the collecting angles. I really love the silver proof libertads. They have such low mintages and they're stunning. These coins could be worth a fortune in the next 10-20 years.

I also stack ASE, and generally buy the ASE annual proof. I don't stack ASE as much as I would like simply because the premiums are ridiculous.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2017  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% collector.
I never buy a "tube" of anything but as crazyglue does, I like to put series together.

ASE's, Kooks, Libertads, Koalas, Kangaroos, Wildlife, Elephants, Lunars,
Turtles, Noah's Arks, Arc Angels and many more.

I also have a few series of "rounds" I like and keep up to date.

Just one of each per series.

A true "stacker" would have a coronary over what I have spent on a single ounce of Ag.
Valued Member
South Africa
238 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2017  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add teslacoil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About the ASE, in my opinion it it in my to 5 most beautiful bullion coins, I never leave home without it. There is just something about it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2856 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2017  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Used to collect.....now just stacking
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2017  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reichpapers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to collect too, but have shifted to stacking. In the past I have cruised eBay looking for different bullion coins, from different nations and with different dates. Collecting has blown my spread out of proportion. I plan to buy as cheap as possible through quantity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2017  10:41 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a collector, but I'll pick up some rounds, especially anything with a classic design. Silver is not for investing for me. There is too much bulk with any amount of money I would consider investing. If I were going to invest in precious metals, it would be gold. $25K of gold fits in the palm of your hand in a polyethylene tube.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add junior e to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy bullion because as a kid, I always kept Buffalo nickels that I would get in change. I love the design, so I buy Buffalo Gold. It's sometimes a better investment than ETF's. I bought several Buffaloes of all denominations in 2008, and still have them, proof and bullion. You just don't make money like that on ETF's. Plus, I don't believe that the gold in storage nearly covers the stocks that they have sold. They have their own little FED, and with our government's blessing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3629 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't buy metals to sell them as is. That's a mighty bad gamble in my estimation. Anyone doing it this way should not cry when it backfires.

I go day to day buying pure and selling alloyed at a markup as an industrial service. I did get lucky stacking at around 2010 when I caught wind of the whole stacking arguments and I sold a bit near the top. $40 was good enough for me, I'm not greedy, that was a bubbly price even back in 2012. It wasn't a heavy investment but it did put a dent in my college tuition and put me in a world where I can profit daily manufacturing precious materials.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reichpapers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting bullion is to set yourself up for heartache down the road. As long as milk spots are a future risk, I'll just stick to stacking.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add everything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was into collecting anything cheap silver first. Then, it was bars, I wanted 10 oz. bars but anything different was fine until the Panda bug hit, then when that was breaking the bank I switched to just accumulation until I met a 1000 oz. goal of silver, finished that goal up with 200 oz. of walker halves, from here I'm going to try to stick to gold, as I am not renting another SDB.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05