Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I just cancelled a sale.....  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think one can block a no feedback bidder.

It looks like I was mistaken. eBay used to allow that and to set a minimum feedback rating for buyers but, apparently that has changed. You can now only block "negative feedback" users (e.g. -1, -2) among others things.

Learn something everyday.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."

-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4119 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
now I'll video!

What good is a video of you packing something?

Does that prove you mailed the item you packed in the video?

I know eBay does not accept video "evidence" as a defense to an empty box claim.

A further question - let's say it was conceded that you mailed the item (not empty), but it arrives empty at the buyer's door. Who does eBay hold responsible? What good is the video then?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5995 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  09:33 am  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that videoing is not the way to go, unless it makes you feel better. I was talking with someone yesterday, who said they went to a shipping store, and the owner was a notary, and notarized a paper stating that she packed the exact coin shipped.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2358 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A video provides more proof towards the fact that you did indeed package and ship the item. The one time I had an empty box claim, merely me telling eBay that I had a video of myself packaging the item was enough for them to decide it in my favor. If you go to small claims court, a video of yourself packaging up an item and putting the shipping label on the package would likely be enough together with a good and lengthy feedback history to prove that you indeed shipped the item.
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5995 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK good point.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4119 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay holding in your favor just because you said you had a video is very unusual. It may have been that the buyer has filed a lot of claims for empty box. But I guess having the video, in that case, paid off. I would not expect eBay to always hold in the seller's favor just because they say they have a video. Pretty soon, dishonest sellers will just start mailing empty boxes from time to time and just claim they have a video.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1317 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another point to consider about this open box conundrum. If I send via USPS Priority mail, sig conf and insured, you can be guaranteed I paid darn well for the weight that is listed on USPS info ticket that has it's residence inside said box. If buyer ...er, whines re: open box, then it's USPS not seller that has to fight it. That should NOT reflect upon the seller, if it does that's the bays fault and should be rectified. Now if you the seller rely only on the single strip adhesive and don't double tape the ends and even use strapping tape if weighty, then you seller got a big problem.

Edited by Crazyb0
03/20/2017 7:15 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05