Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

what are your favorite bullion gold coins to collect? what size?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4048 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2017  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love collecting the gold buffaloes...except they are out of my price range and I don't own any

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4580 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2017  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been collecting $5 gold commemorate coins lately, close to a quarter ounce and it fills my numanastic needs.
Valued Member
Canada
270 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2017  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Whitetail Junkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gold Maples....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1297 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2017  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1986 Statue of Liberty gold coin is a good one. It is a $5 gold coin. I am thinking if a person could buy one quarter oz. gold coin each month as a long term investment that would be worth doing. It is insurance and probably a good long term investment. To try and out guess the markets in the short term is usually a loser.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3506 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like SilverBugs 1 oz Queen's Beasts gold coins, very nice.

You guys have had some great ideas here. I personally tend to gravitate to coins with animals on them, I like that one series from the RCM mint that comes in the assay card but havent bought one yet.

I am thinking I want to get 1 oz gold coins going forward that have less than say 50K or less mintage. That knocks out a lot of bullion coins lol. Which brings me into proof gold coins. So I might have trouble there, tho Libertads for now fit the bill.

I do like the Pandas tho, with their changing design, while I would prefer a full ounce, I can make an exception for them since they switched to grams.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iontyre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently acquired a small group of classic US gold from my mother-in-law:

Quarter Eagles: 1861, 1914D
Half Eagles: 1881, 1907, 1911D

They are all circulated (VF - EF), but the 1911D half eagle is a semi-key which is nice. I can't get a lot of interest in the purely bullion coins, but the US commemorative golds are sometimes pretty nice, I might get into those at some point.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
860 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 oz. gold Maples. Four nines pure, tax free here, and the premium isn't too bad.

For higher premium/collector stuff, I work on my world 1 oz. silver bullion collection, where I collect my favorite 1 oz silver coin(s) from each series, from each country.
Some of these (especially Perth coins) I've owned in the past at near spot prices, and I'm kicking myself for not holding onto them now! For example, the 2002 Kookaburra is $65 at APMEX now!
Edited by 1cent
04/23/2017 11:43 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05