Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Australian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Australian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

A little help please

Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
New Zealand
227 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2006  6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grouse12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

Hey triggersmob: Nice collection. (I clicked the link beneath your comment.) How did you get to host it like that? Do we need to be premier members or can any one set it up?

Hi Eric once you get past 50 posts you get a free gallery of your own I have one but I just havent had time to download any pictures into it yet!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1978 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2006  7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Eric. As John said, you need 50 post first. Then e-mail Bobby131313 and just let him know that you would like to set up your own gallery. The country names I have added from Publisher.

Steve
View my Coins, Banknotes & Tokens (NOW WITH OVER 7500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 218
Valued Member
Australia
153 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2006  11:39 pm  Show Profile Check Eric's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Eric to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks. I'll look into it.
PCGS-graded Australian coins: http://www.drakesterling.com
Valued Member
Australia
252 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2006  11:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tiddyathome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by toast

[quote]Originally posted by grouse12

....i am actively collecting Australian coins....what, in your opinion, would be a good type for me to start collecting?

My advice would be to first get a copy of " A pocket guide to Australian Coins and Banknotes" by Greg McDonald.

Bigfella, a member of the forum can help you with this.

After that, I would suggest collecting the normal circulating coins at face value, until you decide what you like the most to collect. You'll find the Australian 50c have a lot of variety of designs as well as the $1 coins. You could try and collect 40 x 5 cent pieces all with different dates , but I find that less interesting than collecting different designs from around the world. Actually, I do have a 5c collection as well as the rest of the denominations, LOL.
I started with a coin from each year that was circulated and read Maccas book. Now I am finding coins I didnt know about ,Like double bars on 50 cents and wavy 2 on some 1966 20 cent coins. I have even now got some freinds interested in coins. great talking point. Cheers Karen
Valued Member
Australia
109 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2006  05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add madbudgie0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John - First & foremost you must collect what you like, you'll keep an interest longer, then from there in my personal experience I tried to locate the highest grade possible and figured if I was going to collect coins then I would also try and find / buy the rarest of what I like & that my budget could afford all within the parameters of what I like to collect.
So I the end I do / will enjoyed my hobby immensely while added coins to the collection that will alway's be worth more than I payed, and long term I'm setting up my retirement fund.

I will never forget a story I was only told very recently...

In 1974 a good friend of mine bought a 1930 penny for $3000 dollars... So he picked the rarest of what he like to collect and could afford at the time, now that same 1930 penny is worth $30,000, so as I have mentioned although he bought a coin, he also bought an investment piece.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05