Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do affordable Bust Dollars still exist?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like your logic Terry. Any time I am ready to pull the trigger on a particular coin, I try to remember that I am likely kissing money goodbye. But, sometimes emotion takes over and I move forward with the purchase. I'm glad you posted this comment since it reminds about the insanity of collecting expensive (<$1000) coins. I have dropped thousands on double eagles over the last few years in hopes that they will go up in value. I have also dumped an incredible amount of money into silver bars (bullion). Honestly, I seriously doubt that I have profited from any of these purchases. And, we both know that money would have been better spent in a dividend producing stock, mutual fund, ETF, etc. Dollar cost averaging collector coins, gold, and silver is likely not as profitable as dollar cost averaging mutual funds. That is reality. But, I get very little satisfaction out of looking at my profits (or losses) on a computer screen. On the other hand, I still virtually stalk the UPS, FedEx, USPS carrier the day a new coin is scheduled to arrive. And, I really get a charge out of opening the box and getting the first look at my new coin. I really hope an affordable Bust Dollar comes my way soon!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05