Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

dd27's 500th Post Contest!  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:24 am  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We are all posting random things to boost this thread!

Funny stuff!!

My name is Devin, and have been collecting now for around 2 years. I love early american coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!

Visit my eBay store, I have lots of BINS and auction style listings:
http://stores.ebay.com/In-God-We-Tr...and-Currency
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5036 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kenkat and coinlover1899 please post the prize's that you want so I can pick mine . Thanks .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2613 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, just saw this! Hectic day yesterday.

I will take the 2016 Coin and Currency set! Very excited to get this, thanks so much!

Sent PM back to you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:11 am  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recap #2: There are six (6) prizes, so the top six win the prizes. Number One picks his prize; then Number Two picks her prize; etc.

The revised formula for choosing the winners was posted on 12 February 2017 @ 14:36 EST (-5 UTC), which stated that the ranking would be based on the simple average of each participants guesses.

The prizes were posted on 09 February 2017 @ 08:58 EST (-5 UTC). The remaining prizes are listed below.

2014-D Native American dollar, Enhanced Uncirculated - From the 2014 Coin & Currency Set, graded SP-69 by NGC.

One Lincoln Wheat cent from each of the coin's first 25 years (1909-1933) - As you might expect, most of the pennies will be from the Philadelphia Mint, but there will be a few from the Denver and San Francisco Mints. The condition (grade) of the cents ranges from G-4 to F-12.

Fifteen (15) 2017-D Native American dollars - Business strike, never circulated but purchased as a bag of 100 coins from the U.S. Mint, so the coins have the usual bag marks and such, i.e., they're likely to all be at least MS-63, and mostly MS-65, but unlikely to be MS-69 or MS-70.

The Top Six participants are listed here, along with the prize they have chosen (if they have done so).

1. spruett001 --> 1946-S Lincoln Wheat cent, MS-65-RD

2. Buddy --> 1947 Lincoln Wheat cent, MS-64-RD

3. KenKat --> 2016 Coin & Currency Set

4. coinlover1899

5. T-BOP

6. flag4

~ Mark
Mark Worthen, Charlotte, NC // ANA Gold Member #3186790
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:23 am  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I pick the Native American dollar NGC SP69.

Now it is tbops turn!
My name is Devin, and have been collecting now for around 2 years. I love early american coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:28 am  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, by the way, THANK YOU (brave enough to do it in 'yelling' format ) for this incredible supporter only contest! On behalf of all the members who played, and myself, I can tell you it was an excellent contest!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:26 am  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, by the way, THANK YOU (brave enough to do it in 'yelling' format ) for this incredible supporter only contest! On behalf of all the members who played, and myself, I can tell you it was an excellent contest!

There are some occasions when yelling is quite appropriate--like this one!

Not that I'm biased or anything...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:29 am  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP gets to pick from these two remaining prizes, OR I have some more 2014-D Native American dollars, SP-69 by NGC, and some more 2016 Coin & Currency Sets, if either T-BOP or flag4 would like one of those items instead of the two prizes listed below.

One Lincoln Wheat cent from each of the coin's first 25 years (1909-1933) - As you might expect, most of the pennies will be from the Philadelphia Mint, but there will be a few from the Denver and San Francisco Mints. The condition (grade) of the cents ranges from G-4 to F-12.

Fifteen (15) 2017-D Native American dollars - Business strike, never circulated but purchased as a bag of 100 coins from the U.S. Mint, so the coins have the usual bag marks and such, i.e., they're likely to all be at least MS-63, and mostly MS-65, but unlikely to be MS-69 or MS-70.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5036 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok , I'll take the 2014-D Native American dollar NGC SP-69.
Great contest.
Everyone be on the lookout for mine ,getting close !
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok flag4, your turn!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Top Six participants are listed here, along with the prize they have chosen (if they have done so).

1. spruett001 --> 1946-S Lincoln Wheat cent, MS-65-RD

2. Buddy --> 1947 Lincoln Wheat cent, MS-64-RD

3. KenKat --> 2016 Coin & Currency Set

4. coinlover1899 --> 2014-D Native American dollar, SP-69

5. T-BOP --> 2014-D Native American dollar, SP-69

6. flag4

Prizes for flag4 to choose from:

2014-D Native American dollar, Enhanced Uncirculated - From the 2014 Coin & Currency Set, graded SP-69 by NGC.

2016 Currency & Coin Set - Includes the 2016-S Enhanced Uncirculated Native American dollar and a "$1 note containing a low serial number from one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks". The Coin & Currency Set is still available from the U.S. Mint for $14.95 + shipping (about $5), but you get it for free since this is a prize.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
flag4 - I tried to send you an email about your prize, but I got this message:

A lot of members do not realize they have their settings set to 'no email' - easy to fix though, if you want.

Go to Tools (button up above, next to Home) > Manage Your Profile > Login again (security feature) > Contact Information (on the left) > Change this drop-down to "Yes":

Edited by dd27
02/18/2017 1:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
710 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2017  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I had a dream last night in which flag4 bequeathed their prize to me but I can't quite remember...

Edit: Wait, I'm remembering more...something about the number 15 and...lost it.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."

-Carl Sagan
Edited by spruett001
02/19/2017 04:47 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  12:35 am  Show Profile   Check flag4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh . . what!

Wow, sorry guys for the delay . .

Thank you dd27 . . I would be honored to receive the 15 Native America dollars. I collect small dollars actually, and large ones too for that matter.

I will go and fix my email settings now. had no idea it wasn't working.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5713 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2017  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got my prize in today's mail. It's stunning 1947 LWC, MS64 and RED.

I don't have a lot of wheaties and to get a red one is very nice.

Thank you for the prize and for the contest.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05