Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old bills found in circulation! Post yours!  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 65
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5976 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2017  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're probably right about the value. Still -- no harm in keeping it until you find a better one. The one you found isn't torn or stamped....

Anyway, I hope your luck is changing and you find more and better oldies and rescue them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
515 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got these today at my local B of A. Not really found in circulation, but perhaps close enough? A 1935-C and a 1935-F $1 silver certs, and a 1974 $50 frn. None are really worth keeping but I might hold on to the SC. I believe the 1935-F note is the first I have seen with a Z starting the serial number. I am not up to speed on SC serial numbers, but I think that the letters have to do with the plate number? I could be(and frequently am) wrong.

YB
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see why you wouldn't hold on to the silver certs. They're only a dollar each.
Oldest finds:
Cent 1912, Nickel 1916, Dime 1942, Quarter 1963
Dollar 1971, Dollar Bill 1957, Canadian Cent 1926
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6847 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The letters in the serial numbers in Silver Certificates don't mean anything in particular. They're just another digit in the SN.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
515 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Illegal, I have not decided yet, perhaps I will put them away, since as you say, the price is right! I do have lots of them though . . .

I also got from my favorite teller another 5 - 6 1957 series Silvers. Those go back into the wild for sure but as I have said before, I never take anything my wonderful tellers give me back to them, always to another institution.
YB
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2017  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got these from the bank today... Nice to rescue old small portraits...

1 1974

6 1977

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5976 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2017  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it is nice to rescue the small portraits.

Some look pretty beat up but you have one that might have come straight from the BEP.

Check out the serial number that begins with 99. Is that from an uncut sheet?
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2017  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree, it is nice to rescue the small portraits.

Some look pretty beat up but you have one that might have come straight from the BEP.

Check out the serial number that begins with 99. Is that from an uncut sheet?

I'm not sure but the cuts look nice and neat so I would imagine that it isn't but you never know... I agree though, they are pretty beat up (all of them)!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5976 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2017  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay -- I just waded through the PDF of serial numbers and other info. at USPaperMoney.info and it seems that there were no uncut sheets for that series.

Oh well....

People have been known to cut up the uncut sheets, sometimes in an effort to create what appears to be a printing error.

Anyway, the number caught my eye.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nothing special but still gonna keep em!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6847 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kinda like that large-portrait, non-colorized 10. Very turn-of-the-century.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Idacostya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not in too good of shape, but still a cool find in circulation. Series 1988 A, F-1916 G

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5976 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's wrinkled but I can't remember the last time I saw a note from the 80's out in the wild -- it's been years, I think.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1848 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this from one my favorite tellers a while back, had just come in earlier a 1928 G series with HISTORY! says, "Won at the races Phoenix, Apr 13, 1957" Cool!

"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
Page: of 65 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05