Uploading & Posting Images
Requirements for Uploading Images to the Forum
- Must be in .gif or .jpg format.
- Must be under 100K in size. Use our Free Image Optimizer if your image is too large.
- File names must not contain spaces or special characters such as, but not limited to ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) " : < > ?, these will most certainly break your images.
Uploading an Image to a Post
1. You must either be posting from the new topic or reply to topic links. You cannot upload images on a quick reply.
2. While looking at the post box, you will see a green camera icon below the area where you type in your post. It looks like this . Click on that icon and a window should pop up that looks like this...
If you don't see this box, check that your pop-up blocker is not blocking it or it's hiding behind another window. There are several instances on the forum that use legitimate pop-ups, so you may want to mark Coin Community as "safe". You will not get any advertising pop-ups from Coin Community.
3. Click on the "browse" button and navigate to the image you want to upload, then click "upload file". The code to have the image appear in your post will be added to the post editor box.
Having an External Image (Photobucket for example) Appear in your Post
1. Place the url of the external image url in the post editing box.
2. Highlight the URL with your cursor and click on the icon above the post box. This will surround the URL with [img] [/img] tags. Your image should now appear in your post when you submit it.
Notes: There is no need to try to create a "click to enlarge" link. The forum software will do it automagically. You also agree that any images uploaded to the site may be used elsewhere on the site for educational purposes with proper credit to you.
Images should be cropped closely to the coin and resized to no more than 500 or so pixels on the longest side. A common mistake by new members is to try and upload photos fresh from the camera or scanner. These will, 99% of the time, be way too large to be accepted.
Irfanview is a very good free image editing tool that you can download for Windows. Download Irfanview Here
You can also use our Free Image Optimizer
Guidelines for Posting Links
- New members should refrain from posting external links.
- Offsite URL shortening services are NOT allowed.
- Links must be to family friendly sites or images. (Sole discretion of administration.)
- Links may not promote sales unless you have at least 50 posts. Administration does however, reserve the right to remove them even if the 50 post minimum is met.
Posting a URL
All that you need to do is type or paste in the URL.
Using Forum Code to Post a Link with Anchor Text
You can use the forum [url] [/url] tags to tidy up your post when you have long ugly urls. Note the url must be surrounded by quotes
[url="http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/"]Coin Community Forum[/url]
Coin Community Forum
Assigning a Link to an Image
You can also use the forum code to assign a link to an image displayed in your post.