Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find From Circulation

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4,205 / Views: 457,227Next Topic
Page: of 281
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ddreisba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collected coins when I was a kid, around 1952 to '55. I'm now sticking my nose back in, and read these posts with interest. As a kid, I would go through my change, my dad's change, and my mom's. I was only interested in pennies, nickels, and dimes. Quarters were too rich for me. Merc dimes and Buffalo nickels were still in circulation, and easy to find. Now, I'm surprised that anybody finds anything.

I am an invalid, seldom leave the house, so never get any change. My wife gets around quite a bit, but she seldom pays cash for anything. She uses a credit card, even to tip the pizza guy. My kids are worse. So no change. Some of you seem to still live in a money economy. I wonder how you do it. Do any kids take up coin collecting? It sure was fun to find something like a 1944D penny when I was a kid. But that was long ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9334 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2022  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My finds from 'general' circulation have dropped to near nil. Rarely purchase anything with cash. Coin roll hunting--gathering them from a few local bank branches--keeps the searching itch scratched. Ninety-nine percent of my finds come through rolls.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need six/seven "D" quarters to complete my circulation finds for the State/Parks quarter series. My son moved to NM and sent me $100 worth of rolled quarters...at that time I needed 18 to fill the books...his shipment (not gratis...I paid him...including postage) made a big impact. I was quite impressed with the great condition of even the early State Quarters received from him, as compared to the cruddy ones I get from my bank (NYC)...don't they use quarters out west?

KK
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lack of access to change is why I have been buying mint sets the last few years.
Pillar of the Community
826 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I received a 2005 d ocean nickel and a d bicentennial quarter.

Yes I know they are not mind blowing finds but I like receiving them.

Today I received a 2009 d american samoa quarter and a 2020 p tallgrass quarter.

The tallgrass while not a mind blowing find did fill in a hole in my folder.
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today I received a 2009 d american samoa quarter...

Wowww!!!!

Those 2009's are hard to come by in circulation...2 of my 7needed are 2009's. Even the 2010 to some 2014 are difficult to come by.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1936 penny in Dunkin Donuts change today... worn but going to keep it anyway... assuming not the double-die version, as I don't have that kind of luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find with that 1936 cent...keep a-hunting.

KK
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldgrouchyguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this in change last week! Didn't know it until I was dropping the coins into the cupholder of the car-that 'tink' is unmistakable...

Edited by Oldgrouchyguy
07/30/2022 11:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this in change last week! Didn't know it until I was dropping the coins into the cupholder of the car-that 'tink' is unmistakable...
Face value silver is always fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Silver!!!!

KK
Pillar of the Community
826 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2022  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today I received the following:

1776-1976 Bicentennial quarter

2009 D American Samoa quarter

2016 P Cumberland Gap quarter

The 1776-1976 Bicentennial may not sound impressive but I always enjoy receiving one in circulation.

The 2016 P Cumberland Gap may not sound impressive but it did fill a hole in my folder so that is a w in my book.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9334 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2022  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Filling holes is a good thing.
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Page: of 281
Previous TopicReplies: 4,205 / Views: 457,227Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: