Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Commemorative Coins Here..

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,709 / Views: 86,558Next Topic
Page: of 114
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
767 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were released in honor of the Winter Olympics in Sochi 2014.

Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20727 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1921/2021 Canada.
10 Cents - Elizabeth II
Commemorative issue :
100th Anniversary of Bluenose;coloured

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1921/2021 Canada. 10 Cents - Elizabeth II Commemorative issue : 100th Anniversary of Bluenose;coloured
Excellent!
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20727 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2002 Australia.
1 Dollar - Elizabeth II -4th Portrait -
Commemorative issue
Australian Kookaburra Bullion Coin Series

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2002 Australia. 1 Dollar - Elizabeth II -4th Portrait - Commemorative issue Australian Kookaburra Bullion Coin Series
Lovely example!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7770 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Twenty-five years ago, the Royal Canadian Mint issued a commemorative silver dollar (SD) that marked the 25th anniversary of the legendary 1972 Canada-Russia hockey match. Now, 50 years after the match, it seems like a good time to have another look at Canada's SD. (BTW: If you didn't already guess, Canada won the match.)

1997 Canada-Russia Hockey Summit Silver Dollar

If you'd like to dig into the details of this coin and its various special packaging options, check out:

- Index To Silver Dollar Packaging Posts

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
839 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this coin already in a "recent acquisitions" topic, but thought I'd share here, as well. This is my latest addition to my commemorative collection, an upgrade of my PCGS MS64 Antietam to a PCGS MS66 CAC example. The color is fairly accurate; the label on this old holder is almost yellow in color...

My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7770 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Antietam! Congrats on the upgrade!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10524 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  03:55 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This must rank as one of the weirdest subjects ever for a commemorative coin - the centenary of the Australian Taxation Office. But, of course, we all love paying tax...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7770 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisRob: I remember, when that 20-cent coin was first released, thinking how odd it was to commemorate that particular Government function.

The design certainly isn't much to look at - IMO!

Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This must rank as one of the weirdest subjects ever for a commemorative coin - the centenary of the Australian Taxation Office. But, of course, we all love paying tax...
Very nice!
Page: of 114
Previous TopicReplies: 1,709 / Views: 86,558Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: