Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Used For Other Things Besides Jewelry

First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,775Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
! !
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anymore takers?
Valued Member
United States
291 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nautilator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to be doing an ANA presentation in April that includes this as a large percentage of the content. Here are just a few of the many, many things I have that fit this theme.

Australian penny as keychain ornament

New Zealand penny plated and part of a spoon.

Pfennigs used as the rowels in cowboy spurs.

British sixpence turned into a photo locket.
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nautilator- ! !
Edited by MOS0239
10/21/2020 9:15 pm
Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
Valued Member
United States
291 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nautilator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll probably add some more to this thread soon as I'm updating my presentation and will do it in a week.

In the meantime, I really want to ask. Can anybody point me towards a penny still on a pie crimper that's reasonable price-wise? I'd like whatever 'varieties' I can reasonably get regarding them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20568 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7531 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about as a way to "dress up" a bookmark?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7531 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back in 2016, I attended an Early American Coppers (EAC) Convention in Charlotte, NC. As I like to do at all Conventions/Shows, I spent time in the Educational Exhibits area.

One of the exhibits on display caught my attention beyond all of the others - it presented 20+ ways that US Large Cents had been used for a purpose other than money. Small gears, pie crimpers, buttons, good luck charms (holed after being nailed to a wall), washers, etc. It was all very interesting!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about as a way to "dress up" a bookmark?
Excellent!

Quote:
One of the exhibits on display caught my attention beyond all of the others - it presented 20+ ways that US Large Cents had been used for a purpose other than money. Small gears, pie crimpers, buttons, good luck charms (holed after being nailed to a wall), washers, etc. It was all very interesting!
Fascinating!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10458 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only coin I've found at an estate sale so far that I couldn't walk away from.

1883-O Nut
Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only coin I've found at an estate sale so far that I couldn't walk away from.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
921 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about as a way to keep your pants up?
smat

Learn More...
United States
112310 Posts
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,775Next Topic  
First Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: