Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,900 / Views: 208,782Next Topic
Page: of 194
Learn More...
United States
120850 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2023  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure someone could say auctions make for a good holiday.

Very nice!
Valued Member
Canada
272 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2023  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was a discussion on a coin thread about Belgium currency and how they issued two versions of the same coin, one in French & the other in Dutch. I was looking through my banknotes & I see they put one side in each language. Sometimes it was a mirror image, just different languages.
Belgium 1943 5 Francs

Belgium 1943 50 Francs

Belgium 1964 20 Francs

Been there & got all the T-Shirts.
https://www.happydiver.space/
Learn More...
United States
120850 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2023  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very interesting! Thank you for following up on this for the Belgian notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
948 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2023  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope its OK if I post this question here. I just acquired a big mixed lot with some of these notes. What is it?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
1281 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2023  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is Thailand 20 baht, @otto. Numista: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/note204772.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
948 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2023  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, erafjel

Thailand was in the back of my mind. The characters look like what I've seen on coins. Thank you.
Learn More...
United States
120850 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

I am glad it got answered quickly! I was going to split it out for more attention had it not.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
58 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ColonialCoinsUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Managed to get a note from one of the private banks in Nicaragua. A 1 peso remainder from Banco de Agricola-Mercantil. A quick glance and I still see a centaur in the middle even though I know it isn't

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11787 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
quick glance and I still see a centaur in the middle...

Sure looks like one!

Looks like that note may have a bit of its neighbor note in the front left margin.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
58 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ColonialCoinsUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like that note may have a bit of its neighbor note in the front left margin.

I agree, it looks like some of the remainders of the period were just cut randomly apart without the care taken for issued notes. I was more than happy that the note was rectangular
Learn More...
United States
120850 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2023  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Managed to get a note from one of the private banks in Nicaragua. A 1 peso remainder from Banco de Agricola-Mercantil.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
948 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2023  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just picked these up: 1949, 1952 Dollar Notes

Learn More...
United States
120850 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2023  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just picked these up: 1949, 1952 Dollar Notes
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2023  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting notes, everyone!

Quote:
A quick glance and I still see a centaur in the middle even though I know it isn't

Yes, I can see that!

Quote:
I was looking through my banknotes & I see they put one side in each language.

I always found it interesting with the Belgian coins and currency and how they dealt with the dual French/Dutch languages. I lived in The Netherlands for 5 years, spanning the transition to the Euro, and while I kept a lot of pre-Euro Belgian coinage I didn't manage to hang onto any banknotes...
Edited by hokiefan_82
02/02/2023 7:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26189 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2023  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Hong Kong dollars.
Page: of 194
Previous TopicReplies: 2,900 / Views: 208,782Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: