Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your New Currency Acquisitions!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5,434 / Views: 433,597Next Topic
Page: of 363
Learn More...
United States
114705 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2022  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1908 100 Mark Reichsbanknote; green seal
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2601 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't been posting much here, theres very little for sale of interest on my side of the pond and the post and tax situation just zaps any enthusiasm to buy transatlantic.

Having said that I went weak and bout these two from ebay, hard to justify the cost but they go with 4 others I have... good looking designs in my opinion.

Learn More...
United States
114705 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two new arrivals today: (1) $5 1902 series National Bank note, blue seal, no date on back, and (2) $10 1902 series National Bank note, red seal. Neither one is a high grade, and both are a bit poorly margined, but I found them pleasing and attractive.

I thought it interesting the $5 note was issued by the Ossining National Bank in New York. Ossining is the home of the Sing Sing Correctional Facility.

My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70157 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes for sure. What are your paper money collecting goals?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
991 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog - since I'm pretty new at collecting currency, I'm starting out working on a very broad type set of U.S. and Confederate notes and not focusing at this time on any specific series. I'm sure that will change as I start getting my collection built up; I expect at some point I'll narrow my focus considerably. I'm just not there yet, and I'm having fun getting a variety of different types of notes as I'm learning my way in this new pursuit!

As with my coin collection, I do have grade minimums in mind for any specific note that I generally adhere to when buying a note.

With regards to the National Bank notes, I can see at some point focusing on a particular state (or even a city), or maybe choose one type and denomination and get as many different banks as I can that issued that specific note. I already look out for unusual bank names or towns with an interesting history (like the Ossining note).
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghonk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Browsing eBay for 28 and 34 $50's and came across this one at a great price and couldn't resist it.

$50 1963A Federal Reserve Note Chicago

Edited by ghonk
05/07/2022 04:04 am
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1908 100 Mark Reichsbanknote; green seal

These bills aren't worth very much but the artistry and deep blue colouring is amazing

Agreed!! I have that one on my list of "Notes To Get" :)
Learn More...
United States
114705 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2788 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A rare Lexington, Virginia note signed by E(lisha) F(ranklin) Paxton as president. In addition to his career at the bank, Paxton was also a lawyer and a farmer. He was known as Frank "Bull" Paxton. "Bull" served as a brigadier general under Stonewall Jackson. Paxton was killed at Chancellorsville on May 3, 1863. Top center vignette is of Natural Bridge in Rockbridge County, where Lexington is located. Most recent sale from this bank was for a $5 example that sold for $1920 late 2021.

Edited by WheatBack
05/10/2022 8:22 pm
Learn More...
United States
114705 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A rare Lexington, Virginia note signed by E(lisha) F(ranklin) Paxton as president.
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70157 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hokiefan - Great additions for sure!
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hokiefan, you may be new to collecting banknotes, but you surely don't mess around. I think you may already have a nicer collection than I do after collecting 20 years.

@Wheatback, that is not a bank you see often. I didn't even know they put out a $10 note and had to go find an example at HA. Nice.

@ghonk, pairs nicely with the 1929 FRBN. I never got around to collecting any $50 notes because I started with large size notes (after fractionals) and was never able to afford them back in the day.
Valued Member
Netherlands
138 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lighthouse250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not rare at all, or costly. Still nice Still searching for the 50 cts. And all of the issued notes too, one day  
Page: of 363 Previous TopicReplies: 5,434 / Views: 433,597Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: