Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fun Thread--Worst Coins On Ebay, Etsy, Craigslist, And Other Buying Sites!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,513 / Views: 234,809Next Topic
Page: of 168
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2022  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the worst coin on ebay, but maybe the worst price for a legitimate coin.

Listing is for a 1959 MS66 FS Jefferson. 293539481295

It's not a "Top Pop" as the seller states in the listing and seems to be a little overpriced at $8500. That seems to be about 25-30 times the realized value on the last few auctions.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that image is strange. Chopping bullets in half and passing them as quarters.
Valued Member
Germany
312 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do counterfeits count?

This here is so ugly, it had to be intentional.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...tent=app_ios
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now that image is strange. Chopping bullets in half and passing them as quarters.

I thought the same thing when I first looked, but it's 4 real quarters (two on each end) and 2 cheap sockets from a metric tool set wrapped between.

I've seen sockets like this for sale at flea markets for as little as 10 each.

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a page from Amazon. It's a Chinese company that produces copies but doesn't mark them as such. How many people out there are buying these from dishonest sellers that offer them as authentic after paying $4 on Amazon?

I've magnified the description because it's just too funny!

Enjoy!

Edited by Yokozuna
07/29/2022 08:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Dear, this old coin is made of brass..." Dear... (chuckle)
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that is a prime example of "Engrish".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a normal circulated quarter. They'll sell it you me for $19, but it'll be worth more if I can to find an error!

How can I lose!!

Learn More...
United States
118223 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2022  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a Large Cent I found for sale on a Coin/Metal website. The condition is so bad that I actually closed my eyes for a second.

I wonder how many unknowing collectors have bought these over the years. I mean it IS an almost full LIBERTY and the date is complete. Maybe I can fill in those holes!

I do like the note that the coin is 'Worse than Cull.'

Learn More...
United States
118223 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna, I would have been tempted to buy it just for the shock value! That suggests a new topic: Ugliest Coin You Have. Not seen, but actually in your possession.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There actually used to be a thread just like that, but it got locked.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3772 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2022  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hondo Boguss said...

Quote:
Yokozuna, I would have been tempted to buy it just for the shock value! That suggests a new topic: Ugliest Coin You Have. Not seen, but actually in your possession.

While it's possible that you could get that exact coin, I don't think you would get the one pictured. As they put it, 'Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown."

CalzoneManiac said...

Quote:
There actually used to be a thread just like that, but it got locked.

Here's a link to that locked topic for "Post The Most Worn Coin You Have!" http://goccf.com/t/92622 I posted my 1887-S Seated Liberty dime there. If you want look at some really poor-quality coins, take a look.

Valued Member
Uruguay
65 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2022  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add marckdaniels to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this atrocity in a bulk auction

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces27224.html

Page: of 168 Previous TopicReplies: 2,513 / Views: 234,809Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: