Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May 2014 Releases

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 22,455Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1749 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2022  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has been an interesting look back at the 2014 eagles and Steamboat Willie coins. I still have 2 of the original steamboat Willie coins. Having a 5 year break of collecting nclt coins and reading this thread really is amazing look at the changes and who is still relatively active. I love my eagles. My favourite eagle is my 2 $100 for $100 ones. The textures and finishes, along with the image, fires the feeling of actually witnessing the scene! I want to get into my chests where I stored my coins! Unfortunately it's not in an easily accessible area. Since I have been in active in this area since 2016, I need to look for new additions of eagles.

I have looked at bullion coins at the coin shoppe, to my surprise more issues of Steamboat Willie coins . I don't understand stand release of the virtually same coin from the same part of the world? It seems almost like their imagination has gone blank? Maybe with a popular image/theme it spills over into bullion coins? Does it mean a certain nclt coin was so desirable, it was used for bullion? There's so many Mickey Mouse bullion, I just noticed since my return to silver coins 2 weeks prior to Christmas. I almost feel like a newbie again . I enjoy reading the threads from when I was very active, seeing how my interests have shifted, seeing familiar names, and the wisdom which continues to grow related to getting the most from the hobby. As there's many approaches and goals in collecting, which is the beauty of the hobby. I keep learning the more I read about how people approach the hobby. My primary goal is to save money wherever I can. This way I can afford the occasional coin which may never be discounted. I've decided to almost always buy through dealers or the mints, as the risk of getting an eBay fake is concerning!! As the tech to make fakes has progressed to a very high degree! My eyesight is declining, so I don't trust my ability to spot a fake, like 10 years ago. I apologize for resuming an old thread. However there's much value in these old threads for new and old collectors.
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 166 / Views: 22,455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: