Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where's George; Have You Even Found A Bill ?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 6,159Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's fun to track money. Sign in for free @wheresgeorge.com and check it out.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Uzi9shooter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I used to participate in that quite a bit. But then I had a "What's the use" moment. I still get word when a bill hits. But it just isn't a thrill for me anymore.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2063 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a Where's George $10 Hamilton note the other day, it made me chuckle. I didn't check the history.
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a Where's George $10 Hamilton note the other day, it made me chuckle.
It must be nice, it must be nice... to have Washington on your side...
Pillar of the Community
United States
6484 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't seen one in a long time.

I remember seeing them a lot in Las Vegas and Laughlin 10 or 15 years ago. Actually got a few consecutive numbered ones which told me people were putting packs of these things back into circulation after marking them up.

I just spent em and sent them on their merry way.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1743 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never found one personally but I have met a few collectors who have shown me a few. These collectors wanted me to get involved with "Where's Willy" (our Canadian version) & which is intended to track our $5 (lowest denomination).
See:
https://www.whereswilly.com/

My first experience with a "Where's Willy" note was with the stamp on a 2004 $10 BER short prefix which was AU & so crisp. I was so that I can remember the day almost like it was yesterday b/c I remember being excited to find that tough prefix & then seeing that dang stamp (which should have been on a $5) on the front . We collectors all knew that the 1st Journey series was being actively recalled & getting an upgrade in security features. This note's prefix was one of the last prefixes & the 2003 BER can set one back hundreds of dollars in UNC. This note was tough to find but also qualified as a "deal-breakers" (graffiti or stamp). So back into the wild it went & I never found another 2004 BER $10 afterwards. (I was even too to enter the note on their database!) Turned out that they weren't as scarce as the 2003 but they still command a decent premium.

There's also a EuroBill Tracker site (which I periodically reference):
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/home/
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been a member for a long time. It's fun to see where bills travel ad how long between entries.

Harmless fun. You should try it out.

Pete
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10407 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got one long ago. Can't temember when anymore, but I logged it and sent it on it's way. I wonder if I went back and looked if I could find my entry again...
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this one in change today.. only entered a few months ago not too far from where I live.. Might wait to spend it once I'm on vacation later this Summer to give it some more miles :-)

Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found some of these in collections we bought in the coin shop(coin shop volunteer here) updated on the website and into the register it go. Sometimes we get reactions from people who received them in change from us, it was fun. :)
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might wait to spend it once I'm on vacation later this Summer to give it some more miles :-)
Not a bad idea.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11576 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked my WG profile and the last time I entered a note was in 2014. The last hit of a note I entered was 2021 (I had entered the note in 2005).

That is simultaneously interesting and depressing.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen a few, but not in a few years.
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I seem to find them in bunches... won't find any for almost a year and then I get a few of them in a couple of weeks..

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 6,159Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: