Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Junk Silver Prices Thread - Report In Here

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 388 / Views: 47,669Next Topic
Page: of 26
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20033 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With high inflation, there looms the possibility of an economic downturn. This has triggered doubts about prices relating to commodities (including gold and silver) remaining high.
Just for now, the World is shifting it's position away from commodities into the US Dollar with it's comparatively higher interest rates than the rest of the World.
It seems rather odd to me that fiat currencies such as the US Dollar, should represent a hedge against inflation, but that is what World commodity investors are actually thinking about.

If I were a stasher, I would just continue to accumulate, if that is your thing, and look long term, which I suspect that is most stashers are doing anyway.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I do now and what I did in late 1970's until about 1985: no cable, no wifi, ride my bike when possible, no new furniture, no vacations, no plane tickets, don't buy junk food, and eat out? hahahaha no way.
I've mastered the art of living on a blue collar income and just tighten the belt another notch. Were in a recession I don't need kitco to announce that.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2022  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey everyone, first time posting in the pm & bullion forum. Just thought I'd share a buy price I got on 90% today. $9.50 face Benjis & Kennedys , and $14 face Washington quarters for $360 otd. This came out to 15.3X face. This buy was at an lcs in Tucson in the great state of Arizona.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2364 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the Bay State Coin Show in Marlborough, MA, 1964 Kennedy's go for 20x face. I was tempted bur decided against it in the end.
Gonna wait for lower prices. A 40% markup is too high.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
20x face includes a hefty premium...guess many dealers hoarded up when silver was higher.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just went thru 26 pages in this thread - love the back and forth. A very healthy conversation.

Question:

When buying 90%, are YOU willing to pay a premium for Barbers, SLQ, and WLH?

Sure, the ones you find in the bin are probably slick and have less silver, but do you personally put any numismatic value on top of the price you're paying for 90%? Would you pay more for a good mix of older coins despite the wear or you just want clean 90% coins period?

Looking for your experiences, love to hear the stories, and feel free to post pics of your bin finds.

For fun, here's a couple Seated quarters I grabbed from bins some years ago:

Edited by jeffbuckes
08/09/2022 9:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My LCS is holding strong at 20x face
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Smooth!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Nice...could qualify as lowballs.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1159 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are lovely Seated quarters. I wonder if they are Philadelphia issues or if they're branch mints.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When buying 90%, are YOU willing to pay a premium for Barbers, SLQ, and WLH?

I am willing to pay a very small one. For example, if the going rate is 20x, I might pay 22x for any of the above but not more. I am more into total number of ounces than numismatic value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin show today - best I could find was a single Washington quarter for $3. It was a little nicked up, but otherwise intact so I couldn't pass it up. Everything else was 19x and above.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2022  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local coin show had a very limited amount at 18x face. Rest of it was 20x-22x.
Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 388 / Views: 47,669Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: