Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12,332 / Views: 906,274Next Topic
Page: of 823
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm planning on totaling everything up while I'm on this downtime... I'm guessing I'm near 1.5 million nickels searched in 6 years, but I'll have to check.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Learn More...
United States
116536 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm planning on totaling everything up while I'm on this downtime...

Quote:
I'm guessing I'm near 1.5 million nickels searched in 6 years, but I'll have to check.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carloscoria to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last post June. I know the search continues, lets see them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1167 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I need to get a nickel box. Just need $100.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've gotten back into nickels after taking a break. It's been slow; after nine boxes about all I had to show was a 1978 proof, three War Nickels (43-Px2, 43-S) and a very worn dateless buffalo which looks like a 1919-P after a vinegar bath.

But then just tonight as I was finishing that ninth box, I was thrilled to see a 1903 come out of one of the last rolls. It's my second V nickel and oldest find yet.

I really enjoy seeing Charles Barber's design sandwiched between 2022 nickels. I'm not sure why, I guess I just find it satisfying that these coins are still out there circulating, worn but still instantly recognizable.

Learn More...
United States
116536 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...nice finds!!!!

KK
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Ken and jbuck!
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife has started searching nickel rolls and came across this I believe middle eastern coin today.

Learn More...
United States
116536 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife has started searching nickel rolls and came across this I believe middle eastern coin today.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1878 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a couple of surprises in a customer roll of nickels...
I started my 15th box of $100.00 bank wrapped rolls, found some nice oldies in the first 12 rolls, then I had to visit another bank in which I exchanged these rolls for another 12 in customer rolls. Went home, and these came out in the first roll!
(Pics are self explanatory)

Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2022  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mrwhatisit - Nice 1939-D. I've only ever found one after searching 10,800+ rolls.
Learn More...
United States
116536 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2022  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't wait to get back into this... great roll with the '39-D and the 64 Proof, mrwhatisit!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just joined and came across this. In the past few months I have went through about $250 in nickel rolls. I didn't keep track of any pre 50's but did make a few good finds. A 42P and 43P, 38, 39D, and the ones that suprised me where 2 36's a day apart from two different banks. Never thought I would find one Buffalo, let alone two. Will start keeping track of the 50's and earlier now, in my hunt for the elusive 09's.
Page: of 823 Previous TopicReplies: 12,332 / Views: 906,274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: