Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Your Advice On 2014 Proof Dollar

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 4,604Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2016  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesomd,thanks Dustin I'm a check it out when I get home later!
Pillar of the Community
United States
712 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2016  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shtudentt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Dustin and good luck
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would appear that I have another example of this coin

Pillar of the Community
United States
2092 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what the premium is on these?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2191 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's the one. Nice find.
Error coin writer and researcher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2946 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dang... why cant my coins from the mint be all jacked up?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8902 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2191 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boba Debt spurred me to check out the listings for 2014 Native American proof dollars. There seems to be a continuum from heavily frosted, to lightly frosted, to unfrosted features. So the specimens with the extensive unfrosted areas might not be as rare as I thought. And since it is a continuum, there might be hesitancy among the grading services to elevate the unfrosted specimens to a special status.
Error coin writer and researcher.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58032 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Proof PR-70 Dcams are only $54:
https://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/coop49...RMAL_AAA.jpg
So even the highest graded ones on the normal ones are barely worth the slab fees.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So even the highest graded ones on the normal ones are barely worth the slab fees.

I don't think that price is based on it being an error coin

It will be interesting to see how this evolves as collectors figure out that the "Single Pass" coins are errors

We might see a flood of them on eBay or just a couple
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58032 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well save them for now. Give it sometime to see what pans out. It depends on the collectors to see if they are interested in these things. Don't allow the graders to make there cut on a shot in the dark. (keep them safe if you are going to save them. Save in a 2X2. Not in a tube) Dropping them in a tube can damage the coins already in there.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8902 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, definitely keep them safe. you never know what will come down the pipe later on. (I have mine already graded and slabbed with the "missing reverse frosting" moniker on it.)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58032 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only costs face value to save it plus the 2X2. You could later one release and get your money back. But is you release it, The question would haunt you: 'Why didn't I just save it?"
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Side by side pics

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8902 Posts
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 4,604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: