Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Project 100k - Circulating Two Dollar Bills The Next Round

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 743 / Views: 60,296Next Topic
Page: of 50
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go out to lunch with my boss today. He's driving. Stops at some really random convenience store to get a drink. I've never been inside. Long story short - 5 more tix for the MegaMillions.

How'd it go? Well, I ask for my tickets, but the clerk has his face in his phone and doesn't care about me.

He prints the tickets and waves them in the air. Doesn't say a word but won't hand them to me till I pay.

At this point I don't want him to get my crisp uncirculated Jeffersons, but my boss is ready to go.

So I pay, the clerk doesn't care about me or my money or anything but his phone. What a waste of $2 bills.

Oh, well. I have 5 more $2 bills and I might spend them tomorrow on one last batch of tickets.

My magic 8-ball says I'm in for some good news soon.

$1,214 to go
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like that was a less that happy experience. Hopefully you never have to deal with that zombie again.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orange26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2 at Happy Joe's Pizza

$1,212 to go
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the Bay State Coin Show today - admission was $9 so dropped 4 Jeffersons and a Washington. Cashier smiled. I'm guessing she's seen quite a few of those!

So 4 x 2 = $8 today...

$1,204 to go

BTW: I did NOT win the lottery but glad I tried. Using my last crisp Jefferson as a bookmark for now. Might get more next weekend!
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orange26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck - It sure was! Their pizza is really awesome.

$2 at Dollar Tree

$1,202 to go
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1891 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2 for food
get it on, spend a Tom, get it on
$1,200 to go
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1891 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent a $2 for some glue!
$1,198 to go
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10920 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
During the course of this summer I've actually received three $2 bills as tips from American cruise passengers while working as a tour guide!
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
During the course of this summer I've actually received three $2 bills as tips from American cruise passengers while working as a tour guide!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Interesting! I've been on a few cruises and never thought to tip in US currency abroad, especially not a $2 bill. Must be fun to get one, considering how infrequently we use them at home.

When I was in Egypt a few years back, we stopped by the official exchange desk at Cairo Int'l Airport to cash out our pounds for dollars before flying home. Among his rows of US currency, the agent had a thick stack of crisp $2 bills and we got one as part of the exchange. He seemed not to think it was special in any way, but I did. Which reminds me, we got some 1-pound coins at a large bank in Cairo early in our trip. I used some throughout Egypt and many Egyptians had never seen them before! So it's not just a US phenomenon. Some denominations seem not to get much use in other countries too. But that's a topic for its own thread!
Page: of 50 Previous TopicReplies: 743 / Views: 60,296Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: