Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9,491 / Views: 475,925Next Topic
Page: of 633
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20727 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The winner for this contest:
Princetane congratulations
The floor is Yours.
Thanks to all the participants.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, will post a new competition tonight in a few hours (That is like early morning USA time).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  03:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay a nice simple game.

1952 - 2022: 70 years of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Australian coin set of 1952

NZ coin set of 1952

Very simple game, you have 3 days (Until 4am Wednesday 2 February CCF time, its 3.22am Sunday now) to post as many coins or medals from 1952 as possible. There are a few rules.

1. 1 point per coin and ˝point per medal, but the coin MUST be from a territory/colony/ republic/ independent country/dominion/ overseas protectorate inside the British empire in 1952! (As long as they acknowledged the Queen as head of state or remained in the empire its all good) So no Europe or USA, this includes independent places like India and Pakistan being acceptable, but Belgium, Turkey, Ubangaland are not.
Important: Ireland became a Republic outside the empire in 1949, so its coins are NOT acceptable.

2. You can post 1 coin per denomination per country (so 1 NZ penny, 1 Australian penny etc)

3. Dates must read 1952 in western numerals, no Asian, Indian, Arabic, Hebrew dates etc unless there is the western date too.

4. Remember one coin per denomination for each country.

5. For Steve's sake, 1 side of a coin is acceptable.

6. My examples above would net me 10 points, but if I showed an additional coin like those above I would get no more points.

7. "Set" photos showing multiple different denominations are acceptable and you will get a point for each different denomination coin. Only ˝ point per medal regardless of how many sizes or metal types it comes in.

8. No restriction on different people showing the same coins, so if you have an Australian florin from 1952, by all means show it.

BONUS CHALLENGE - any 1952 dated coin with Elizabeth II on it is worth 50 points (Must be 1952 only, no Jubilee coins like 1952 - 1977 etc). The coin MUST date from 1952!

Have fun!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Edited by Princetane
01/30/2022 03:34 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1952 Pakistan One Pice

1952 Southern Rhodesia One Penny
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 points to Triggersmob

Doesn't anyone else want to enter?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20727 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Doesn't anyone else want to enter?

1952 UK
1/2 Penny- George VI without 'IND:IMP'

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't understand why this contest was such a KOLOSSAL flop. Canadian coins would have been allowed.

Triggersmob - 2 points
Dorado - 1 point

Triggersmob wins - Take it away!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20727 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Triggersmob wins - Take it away!

Congratulations
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought we might of had more players in this round.

Princetane is there any coins with QEII on them dated 1952?
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3932 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, time for the next round.

I am a choc-o-holic, so I want you to please show me your coins with cocoa plants, cocoa pods, cocoa beans or even any type of chocolate product.
One coin type per country, per entrant. Most points wins. Contest will last for 3 days, starting from now.

OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve - Not that I know of, but I think no one did much in that challenge as it may have been to restrictive being British empire only and many people probably have little idea of it now, let alone in 1952 before the wave of independence in the 1960s.

Anyway I don't expect to win, but will start the ball rolling for yours.

Ghana 10 Pesewas 1967 - Cocoa Pods on the back.

Along with the neighbouring Coe d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) this country is known for its cocoa exports.
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I saw choc-o-holic I was expecting this, not the actual bean, plant, etc.

Again, the sideline is where you will find me for this round.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3952 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im looking

Edited by keith12
02/02/2022 3:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3937 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When I saw choc-o-holic I was expecting this, not the actual bean, plant, etc.
I, personally, was expecting literal chocolate coins.
Learn More...
United States
113515 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm looking
"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Quote:
I, personally, was expecting literal chocolate coins.
That, too!
Page: of 633 Previous TopicReplies: 9,491 / Views: 475,925Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: