Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10,028 / Views: 529,935Next Topic
Page: of 669
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mrwhatisit, I was just trying to give you a hard time. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
118210 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dorado gets this "win" for his 1966 Spanish una peseta with 13 sections.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22855 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Post your coin with the most quadrants (can be filled with symbols or blank ), each quadrant gets one point each, as an example, this Spanish 100 pesetas dated 1966(66)** has five quadrants*** for +5 points.

Quote:
Well, since Dorado went a** little absurd ** there, and so did Triggersmob,

Look who's talking ! .......
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22855 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dorado gets this "win" for his 1966 Spanish una peseta with 13 sections

...the new contest will be ready soon!
Learn More...
United States
118210 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22855 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This the new contest.
Re-punched letters or numbers (Double die)
The participant with the maximum amount of re-punched letters (numbers) on the coin,will win this contest,
All coins from around the world are permitted.

The contest starts tonight :Oct 4th at 10 pm and will finish in 3 days,from now : Oct 7th at 10pm.
Good luck to every one!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4502 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't think of any double die coins that I have in my collection.
I'll share this one though just for participation.
Machine Doubling I believe.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
118210 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1001 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Repunched "0" in the date. Not the best picture, so it's a bit hard to see.
Learn More...
United States
118210 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Repunched "0" in the date. Not the best picture, so it's a bit hard to see.
I believe I can see it on the enlarged photo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few doubled dies around, better pull out this one I found coin roll hunting nickels a few months ago...

1939 Jefferson nickel, DDR...
19 letters doubled, or 19 points...

Oh, and I also managed to find the same exact greek coin Dorado has with that same doubling...
Edited by mrwhatisit
10/05/2022 8:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22855 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh, and I also managed to find the same exact greek coin Dorado has with that same doubling...

Eureka!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
22855 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have a winner : mrwhatisit
The floor is Yours!
Congratulations
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another idea:

I also like my coins with holes...

This is a Laos 1952 50 cents with a tiny center hole.

The challenge: post any coin with the smallest center hole you can find in ratio to the total diameter of the coin. For instance, this coin is 31mm, and the center hole is 4.5mm, so 4.5/31100 = 14.5% of the total diameter of my coin. The winner would have the smallest hole percentage total.

The coin has to have been minted with a hole to count, or a coin that had a hole put into it at a later time by the same government...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2538 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands East Indies, 1945, 1 Cent.

Hole Percentage: 5/23.5 * 100 = 21.3%.
Page: of 669 Previous TopicReplies: 10,028 / Views: 529,935Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: