Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Continuing Thread ~ Post Your Tokens, Medals, Exonumia Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 3,661 / Views: 262,879Next Topic
Page: of 245
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Check daltonista's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That last one is pretty interesting, paralyse. I didn't recognize the heraldry, so it took a little scratching around to confirm that the reverse depicts the arms of Belfast. The city's Latin motto translates to: "What shall we give in return for so much?"

I've never seen an Irish coronation medal, so thanks for sharing this one!

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy one a little too soon.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10390 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9479 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  12:10 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome!
I do have another somewhere, I think, in my Victorians.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9479 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  12:13 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Dearborn, I just noticed that. We should contact Cherrypickers and have them add it to the next volume.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10390 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been sitting on some nice tokens that I've got time to share.

First up is a 1950's-60's advertizing MERCK SHARP & DOHME heavy Bronze 3 1/8 inch token. Supposedly, these were given out during trade shows. This one celebrates the drug company's discovery of Renitec which is used to treat hypertension. On the reverse is an astrolabe. I've also seen versions with a compass rose on the back. I happened across this one in a street market while my ship was in port in Lisbon, Portugal.

Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1953 Dwight Eisenhower Inauguration Medal. It's 2 3/4 in across, heavy bronze.

The 1953 Inaugural Committee commissioned these medals to be sold in conjunction with the Inauguration. The medals were designed by Walter Kirkland Hancock and produced by the Medallic Art Company. They were issued in various sizes in gold, bronze and silver.

Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
George Eastman - Kodak - Medal for 25 Years Service. George Eastman long service award bronze medal. Awarded to Kodak Limited and Eastman Kodak employees for 25 years service. 76mm (3") diameter. Die struck in bronze, weighing just over 200 grams (7 oz). This is an employee long service award for 25 years of service, presented in 1989. 'MORE THAN A QVARTER CENTVRY OF LOYAL SERVICE WITH EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY' is engraved on the reverse with the recipient's name, David Francis Sheehan. Isn't it weird the 'U's are 'V's, must be an old holdover thing.

For 50 years, the medal was solid gold.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10390 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Israel produces lots of event medals like the following bronze medal:

Front: Heads of Moshe Dayan and Yitzhak Rabin, legend in Hebrew and English of their names

Back: Soldier praying at the Western Temple Wall, legend "Liberation of Jerusalem 7.6.1967"

Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice examples!

Especially...

Quote:
Here is a 1953 Dwight Eisenhower Inauguration Medal. It's 2 3/4 in across, heavy bronze.
Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Diverdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another Israel token, this is a 13 gram, 30 mm across, copper-nickel Greetings Token (Star of David) from 1976 dedicated to the 25th Anniversary of State of Israel Bonds. On the rim "Joyous Holidays" in Hebrew and "Greetings from Israel" in English. In the center a group of stylized Stars of David.

Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
90 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2022  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Afternoon all,

Not sure if posting this in the right place, but the mods will move if not.

The coin dealer, A H Baldwin, are celebrating their 150th anniversary this year, and have released a limited edition medal and an accompanying book about their most interesting sales over that time period.

The medal features the bust of A H Baldwin himself, and on the reverse, the building that was the original site of the company.

Mine arrived today. All rather interesting I thought.

Page: of 245 Replies: 3,661 / Views: 262,879Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: