Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Running Thread Of Chafemasterj's Counterstamped Lincoln Cents...

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,315 / Views: 154,744Next Topic
Page: of 155
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonder if a set of the same counter stamps could be made by year?

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse has a Shriners counter stamp whereas the reverse has a Masonic counter stamp.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh OH!!! Gang fight.

KK
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shriners International which is formerly known as the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (AAONMS), is a Masonic society established in 1870 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida so that makes sense why its on together with a masonic symbol.

The hammer is a Chasing Hammer not running hammer lol. It is from a impressart steel punch.

The Trumpet/Cornet might also be interesting if positioned into the mouth of Lincoln rather than vertical if it fits on the coin, or would have to make a different stamp with smaller size.

Edited by datadragon
08/07/2022 2:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@datadragon

Quote:
The hammer is a Chasing Hammer not running hammer lol.

That's embarrassing. Lol. I just looked at the original eBay listing and you are 100% correct. No idea where I got 'Running Hammer' from.

Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its no problem... we all enjoyed your attempt to learn what a running hammer is and also what the '3' was with the weak strike.

Quote:
Earle42: I know from having a COPY stamp made that they can be had for around can be around 35.00-40.00. I guess people just make them for the fun of it? So many of these seem to be so random.

Some of the most recent examples on the recent cent dates shown are from mass produced steel punches, there are so many of them made for metal stamping, very inexpensive, and why so many 'random' images are just being hammered by hand on the cents for fun or profit attempt. They did not think of the design in those cases but used existing ones already on stamps easily available to anyone. Compare these to the detailed designs on the earlier examples like the revolutionary war ones etc. I also have seen people who will make a custom stamp at a higher cost and thats where it could be interesting for someone creative, maybe I'll have some fun with it time permitting. What would you like to see made?
Edited by datadragon
08/07/2022 5:28 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Freemasonry (the Masons) is kind of like the Boy Scouts, only a lot creepier.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8412 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Earle42: I know from having a COPY stamp made that they can be had for around can be around 35.00-40.00. I guess people just make them for the fun of it? So many of these seem to be so random.

Some of the most recent examples on the recent cent dates shown are from mass produced steel punches, there are so many of them made for metal stamping, very inexpensive, and why so many 'random' images are just being hammered by hand on the cents for fun or profit attempt. They did not think of the design in those cases but used existing ones already on stamps easily available to anyone. Compare these to the detailed designs on the earlier examples like the revolutionary war ones etc. I also have seen people who will make a custom stamp at a higher cost and thats where it could be interesting for someone creative, maybe I'll have some fun with it time permitting. What would you like to see made?

Probably the first I would like would be a nod to CCF!

After that I think I like the idea of sets of counterpunches.

Making a series of punches (would have to cover the date though) where president Lincoln was playing a different instrument like a saxophone, clarinet, trumpet, French Horn, etc. could be interesting.

Of course being a glass insulator collector, and no one else would think to do it, it would be fun to me seeing different profiles of glass insulators on them.

There is another thought. How about for the railroad hobby having made famous RR logos like the Sante Fe Chief, the Pennsylvania Keystone with PRR on it, the B&O logo.

I think there is a lot of potential for unique ideas using other hobby themes.

For that matter how about stamping quarters or half dollars with, small images. How cool it would be to see a small Mercury dime stamped into a half dollar! Or how about a small Morgan dollar coin on an Ike? Etc.

I made my own punch for Kennedy halves with a fairly recently created famous political statement that I won't repeat here, but I found I like stamping larger coins because you can add messages since there is more "real estate" to fill on them.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indian Head with Head Dress on 1956 LWC. . .
Incredible depth. I'm surprised that the LWC could have 'stretched' that much when struck. Almost wonder if maybe it was heated before striking to assist.

Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Obverse has a Shriners counter stamp whereas the reverse has a Masonic counter stamp.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1943 Canadian Small Cent Masonic counter stamp. Pretty uncommon. Only have a few in my collection.

Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1943 Canadian Small Cent Masonic counter stamp. Pretty uncommon. Only have a few in my collection.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8412 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Liking this one. Yeah...just b/c it's an older small Canadian cent LOL!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Edited by Earle42
08/09/2022 6:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Liking that Canadian Masonic.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. I love it when I come across something unique and uncommon like the Canadian Small Cent.
Page: of 155 Previous TopicReplies: 2,315 / Views: 154,744Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: