Coin Community Family of Web Sites Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Dansco Going To Start Producing Albums Again? (Follow For Updates)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 208 / Views: 32,081Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With proofs
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ijn1944 that's a cool idea but to be honest I'd love to see some innovation in the album space first. They've looked the same forever. Would be really cool to produce a custom product to your own specs.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add russell1256 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree joeturbo26, here is a post I made over on cointalk . . .

Why Can't Coin Albums Make Sense?

For example, why aren't Lincoln cent albums dated 1909-1958 (wheat), THEN 1959-2009 (memorial & anniversary), then 2010-date?
Washington quarters 1932-1964 (silver), then 1965-1998 (clad), then statehood?
Why do album manufactures have to include error and proof coins, I just want coins meant for circulation. Maybe offer an error and/or proof page separately?
I want some order to my collection! I don't want to use notebooks and 2x2's, I like the way coin albums look on my shelf.
I'm talking to you Whitman, Dansco (if you ever come back), Intercept Shield (if you start again), even Littleton (only buy supplies from them), maybe someone new? (I know the market is too small).
This is a stupid rant, but my OCD (Organized Coin Display) made me do it!

Learn More...
United States
122582 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why do album manufactures have to include ... proof coins, I just want coins meant for circulation.
Dansco makes a version without proofs, they are the 7xxxx albums. The 8xxxx albums have places for most proofs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see albums for proofs only, not just the PDS+Proof albums.
Learn More...
United States
122582 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would like to see albums for proofs only
I only collect the Presidential dollars and Native American dollars in proof, so for that I used the date set albums (one coin per year).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8859 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2022  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would like to see albums for proofs only

Quote:
I only collect the Presidential dollars and Native American dollars in proof, so for that I used the date set albums (one coin per year).

A terrific solution!

It's important to remember that the coin album market is not huge. Companies that produce albums need to make the albums that are most likely to sell well. They can't make a profit by producing every possible variety - especially those with limited markets.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
122582 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A terrific solution!
Thank you! It seems I will end up getting two date set albums for the Innovation dollars (one proof and one reverse proof). That is, unless someone can help me justify using a P&D album to hold them... P is Proof, and D is... Defiantly Reverse Proof?

Quote:
It's important to remember that the coin album market is not huge. Companies that produce albums need to make the albums that are most likely to sell well. They can't make a profit by producing every possible variety - especially those with limited markets.
Well said.

The answer to, "Why do they include these coins and not these?" is usually "That is what the market wants." Sure, market research can be wrong, but it is just as likely that those of us who disagree are the oddballs.
Learn More...
United States
122582 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.danscousa.com/

Quote:
June 6, 2022- We are currently in production and have finished all penny albums. We are are also replenishing material and albums we lost during the flood. We are currently in production on American Eagle Silver Dollars album #7182. This album is a continuation of the 7181 and begins with the Type II 2021 coin. The album should be available in a couple of weeks. We will follow with Innovation Dollars, and then the Sacagawea updates. General update pages and the Women Quarters album should be released by Christmas. This is a general timeline of what we will be working on through the end of this year. We thank everyone for their prayers, patience and good-wishes as we continue making the high quality products we all love from Dansco. Our family thanks you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5770 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! But I'll wait till I see replenishment.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11289 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A ray of hope...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15632 Posts
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I had stated previously, Dansco has had supply issues/catch up to new releases for years. It not a recent issue. I can only believe any albums released in the coming months will quickly be depleted and any replenishment will take months or longer. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell.

jbuck stated

Quote:
Thank you! It seems I will end up getting two date set albums for the Innovation dollars (one proof and one reverse proof). That is, unless someone can help me justify using a P&D album to hold them... P is Proof, and D is... Defiantly Reverse Proof?

I have tried the Littleton Innovation Dollars Albums. There is a P & D album and a separate Proof album. You could get a second Proof album for the Reverse Proofs. If you want both in the same book then I see the Proof and Defiantly Reverse Proof as the best solution at this time.

The biggest disappointment with Littleton albums is the binders are huge because of the D-Rings used. This takes up way more space on a shelf. I think the albums could be redesigned to be more space friendly.

I have to agree there is marketing involved in all of this and that will continue. I think coin album manufacturers are resistant to change and any "innovation" suggestion would be ignored as the cost to do so would be prohibitive.

I also feel collectors want to stick to one brand and one brand only to keep a consistent look on their shelves. Kudos to russell1256's very nice Whitman album presentation. The Dansco definitely stands out. Changing styles after years of using one styled album can be tough.
Edited by coinee
06/13/2022 8:31 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15632 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well It is far too late for me to change album types - I'm stuck on Dansco - and still buying more, even on the much more expensive after market in order for me to assemble my collection:
This was from Jan-2022:

and today:
Edited by Dearborn
06/13/2022 8:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2022  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dearborn, that's a lot of Dansco albums! Are they all complete? Also, I'm glad you got the slipcases for the Mercury and Liberty Dimes to match the rest.
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 208 / Views: 32,081Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: